Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought the mirror with auto-dimming and compass. The install manual doesn't seem to match up to the reality on the Crosstrek so I'm looking for some guidance from anyone who may have done this. First of all, on the original mirror I'm not seeing the screw to remove it and can't seem to pry anything off to access a screw. The other problem is getting at the wire to plug in to. The instructions don't match up here either, I don't have a sunglasses pocket on my car where the screws are suppose to be hiding.
Any helpful hints would be, um.... helpful?
Swell even.

Thanks.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Wish I could help... sorry. Not sure on newer vehicles ( never really looked ) but the older mirrors have a setscrew ( as you said ). Maybe is is just slide down over the the mount ? I have the Autodim/compass

Hang on... let me go look.... BRB 8)

OK... my mirror has a setscrew..... :eek:

Did your new mirror come with the arm or just the mirror body?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is my existing mirror. I tried prying on the black plastic where it attaches to the windshield (thinking it is covering the set screw), but I stopped when I began to damage it.
ANd yes, the new mirror came with the arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bumping this topic back up. Has anyone else done the rear-view mirror swap yet?
I'd still love to know how to get the old on off of the windshield! :-\

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just did mine to answer your questions..... First on the base of the stock mirror you need you twist it off try left and right it will come off and reveal a tab you can pull that releases the mirror off the windshield mount it moves upward FYI.
Now as for the connector it's taped up with yellow fiber tape you need to cut this it loose I used a tiny exacto knife be carful not to cut anything but the tape once you loosen it up everything should be self explanatory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts