Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru CrossTrek Limited
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the manual and tried to figure out when or if it will engage, but it seems very inconsistent. I will be stopped, and it shuts the engine off. Two minutes later it does not. Or conversely, it does not shut off (after having driven for 30 minutes), then two minutes later it does.

I know about the incline, the steering wheel needs to be straight, the temperature differential can't be too much ... I meet all these requirements, but sometimes it does not shut off?

Does anyone have any more information.

Thanks

I am driving a 2021 XV Limited

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any good info on this system other than mine also seems intermittent. I have a 2020 Premium. I keep trying to experiment with stopping and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't but no good word to pass on.
Love the Crosstrek though! Thanks for the post, hopefully someone can chime in with good word. cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
It seems to engage only when I press my foot firmly (and all the way down) against the brake pedal, which is infrequently. Usually when driving I come to a stop by pressing lightly on the brake pedal, until I come to a stop, e.g. - at a light and the auto on off does not engage. Then I keep my foot on the brake pedal but only lightly. If it's a light or intersection that I am familiar with and know will be long, even though I've already fully stopped I will sometimes press more firmly against the brake pedal so as to turn the engine off and conserve a few hundredths of a gallon of gas. Of course this entails driving a bit conservatively, anticipating stops and gradually coming to a stop but after a while it becomes instinctive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts