Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to replace the passenger window button to the driver's side spec auto-down button, will it work? Has anyone done this?

I'd love to have the auto-down feature for the passenger side.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd love to k now this as well. Easiest way to test would be to pull apart the current door and try to swap the switch to the other side.

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
Dammit, and I told myself I wouldn't add more stuff to my mod list!

I haven't heard of anyone doing it, but I would enjoy having full-auto windows like the luxury brands like BMW, it makes it a one-touch deal to close the windows while driving, which is especially convenient for a manual transmission driver such as myself.

I hope someone chimes in and clarify if additional auto up/down windows can be done.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doolin64 said:
I'd love to k now this as well. Easiest way to test would be to pull apart the current door and try to swap the switch to the other side.
I guess I should've thought of that. I'll give it a shot and post a small write-up with my findings. I have this feeling it should work…

·
Registered
318 Posts
Could it really be that easy? This will be my first mod assuming it works and OEM switches aren't $100 each :)

I'll be doing all 4 windows. Nothing beats driving with the windows down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Schonuff said:
Could it really be that easy? This will be my first mod assuming it works and OEM switches aren't $100 each :)

I'll be doing all 4 windows. Nothing beats driving with the windows down.
Let us know how it goes. I'm anxious to find out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I doubt it is that easy. There has to be a safety stop built into the circuit. On my 2000 BMW 5 series there was a sensor in the top of the window surround on all four windows.

·
Registered
318 Posts
KLEMMER said:
I doubt it is that easy. There has to be a safety stop built into the circuit. On my 2000 BMW 5 series there was a sensor in the top of the window surround on all four windows.
Good insight... anybody wanna stick their hand in the window and see if the XV has that sensor? :)

But on the other hand, a 15 year old BMW is probably still more advanced (gizmo-wise) than any Subaru.

Regardless, I don't make it a habit of sticking my hand in the window as its on the way up. This is my DD anyways and its usually only me in the car 99.9% of the time. If I have the kids and wife its usually in the Tribeca. This might be worth a trip to the stealership to ask a few questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just spoke to my local dealership and was trying to figure out how to accomplish what is in the first photo of the thread for my vehicle because I DO NOT have both a passenger and driver auto switch on my driver side panel. I asked them to look if it is offered on another trim package (i.e. premium, hybrid) and he told me that it wasn't.

It sounds to me like to do what you are saying requires breaking open that panel for window switches located in the door and start tinkering.

If anyone knows anything about this, please post up because I would love to know how to do this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the insight Zombie. I mocked that photo up in Photoshop so people could visualize what I was talking about. It seems that this mod will take some time and research. Oh well, patience is a virtue I suppose.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just wish the driver could override the window lock, and that the window lock only cut out the back windows. there is nothing like "hey honey can i put my window down" "no dear, then the kids will start playing with them"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Milwaukitout said:
Thanks for the insight Zombie. I mocked that photo up in Photoshop so people could visualize what I was talking about. It seems that this mod will take some time and research. Oh well, patience is a virtue I suppose.
I am hoping for something like you mocked up in the photo or just go all out and turn ALL FOUR windows into auto-down switches ONLY on the driver's conrtols. That would be awesome!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dir7yZombie said:
Milwaukitout said:
I am hoping for something like you mocked up in the photo or just go all out and turn ALL FOUR windows into auto-down switches ONLY on the driver's conrtols. That would be awesome!!!
You mean, something like this…?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Milwaukitout said:
Dir7yZombie said:
Milwaukitout said:
You mean, something like this…?
YES!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! So much Auto Down!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got a question for you all........ I installed new speakers in all the doors(Polks) since reinstalling the drivers door card, I no longer have the Auto function on the drivers window. The window still goes up and down though. Any ideas on why this is???

·
Registered
30 Posts
MarkEagleUSA said:
Wrigman said:
I no longer have the Auto function on the drivers window. The window still goes up and down though. Any ideas on why this is???
It might need to be reprogrammed. Instructions are in the manual.
WOW! Had no idea that could happen........ I'll see if I can find it in there. It would make sence, I did have to unplug the controls to get the door card off...

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
Wrigman said:
Got a question for you all........ I installed new speakers in all the doors(Polks) since reinstalling the drivers door card, I no longer have the Auto function on the drivers window. The window still goes up and down though. Any ideas on why this is???
When you disconnect your battery, your auto up/down window will be temporarily disabled. You can re-enable it with the steps provided in the owner's manual.

From Page 2-19 of the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Owner's Manual (U.S. spec) in the Keys doors/Windows chapter
NOTE
If the vehicle's battery is disconnected due to situations such as battery or fuse replacement, the one-touch auto up/down function is deactivated. Initialize the power window to reactivate the one-touch auto up/down function.

Initialization of power window
If the vehicle's battery is disconnected due to situations such as battery or fuse replacement, the following functions are deactivated.
* One-touch auto up/down function
* Anti-entrapment function

Initialize the power window using the following procedure to reactivate these functions.
1. Close the driver's door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to "ON" position.
3. Open the driver's side window halfway by pushing down the power window switch.
4. Pull up the power window switch and continue to close the window completely. Continue pulling up the switch for approximately 1 second after the window is closed completely.
5. Open the driver's side window completely fully by fully pushing down the power windows switch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts