Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My wife owns a Mitsubishi ASX MY2015 and her side mirrors fold open and closed upon clicking the keyless entry remote.

As you all know, the XV has a button inside the cabin that allows us to open or close the mirrors on demand, but I would also really like to sync the opening/closing of the mirrors with the keyless entry remote.

I have scoured some other xv/subaru forums, and it appears that people overseas have done it. Here is one example:

https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-eyesight/108345-how-automatic-folding-mirrors-xv-2016-a.html

I am curious as to whether people in Melbourne or elsewhere in Australia have looked into or had this done, and if so, where they got it done and for how much.

Kind regards

Leo from Melbourne (delixv - XV MY2018 L Series Owner)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/lightin

·
Registered
165 Posts
Button to fold the mirrors in? WHAT?!!!! I have a 2019 limited, with supposedly all of the bells and whistles. I don't have this!!!
Does ANYONE in the states have this?
Kind of getting pissed off now....I was up North in Canada a while back and someone I met has an 2019 XV that came with chrome door handles and a heated steering wheel. He most likely has this mirror feature too! WTF?!?
-Keith

·
Super Moderator
800 Posts
Button to fold the mirrors in? WHAT?!!!! I have a 2019 limited, with supposedly all of the bells and whistles. I don't have this!!!
Does ANYONE in the states have this?
Kind of getting pissed off now....I was up North in Canada a while back and someone I met has an 2019 XV that came with chrome door handles and a heated steering wheel. He most likely has this mirror feature too! WTF?!?
-Keith
The US market does not get a lot of the little cool options.

JDM and EDM markets have had folding side mirrors for decades. I imported a set for my 2005 STi along with the new switch. I absolutely LOVE them.

Im waiting to find a set for the Crosstrek (along with the auto-dimming mirrors).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Apparently so. That's so ridiculous. :(
Another thing I've noticed is the parking break.
When visiting my family in England, I found that the XV's there do not have the manual pulling lever parking brake. They have a button on the console. The manual brake itself doesn't annoy me so much....but the cup holders on mine are in a line from front to back. It makes it really awkward when 2 people are using them. The one with the parking brake as a button, the cup holders are side by side as in most cars! LOL!!

Thanks for reply!
-Keith

**Delixv, I apologise for hijacking your topic a bit here with my rant! :eek:

·
Registered
310 Posts
In Canada we don’t get the power folding mirror feature neither do we get the power brake button. These are features only available in Europe.
We also don’t get STARLINK remote access nor do we get remote start like in the US.

We do get a heated steering wheel extra that’s it.

I’m so tired of having to pay a tax to be Canadian.

·
Registered
165 Posts
^^^^
Wait...you're North America too! And you don't get the "MySubaru" app for remote starts? WHAT?!? That sucks....and is completely ridiculous!!
Sometimes Subaru is a complete enigma to me.
-Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts