Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have a 2016 Crosstrek. In my center dash display, next to my clock it has average miles per gallon, miles until empty . It says 41.3 mpg. I have reset it several times and it goes to zero the jumps right back to 41.3

Any fix for this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This sounds dumb but are you sure it's not Average MPH you're looking at? I believe that's also one of the options on that screen but I've seen a lot of people mistake it for MPG. Plus I'd be blown away to see you get 41 MPG on a car that averages 36 MPG highway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, yes I'm sure. After hitting reset over and over, and resetting after a fill up.
It has come down, but is now stuck at 33.3. Up until this started my average was 27-28.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The trip meter has an A and a B memory.
I usually reset the A memory every time I refill. The B memory I use to time oil changes.
This is done by continuously holding the button until it resets.
After which the computer will also start recalculating the Average mpg or in my case lp100km.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that I know. I reset both the A and B both when I fill up. I drive away from the station and within a couple miles it says 33.3 average miles per gallon and does not change.
Just going to take it in and have it looked at.

·
Registered
2019 crosstrek
29 Posts
Yes, that I know. I reset both the A and B both when I fill up. I drive away from the station and within a couple miles it says 33.3 average miles per gallon and does not change.
Just going to take it in and have it looked at.
Maybe just disconnect your battery from the car to reset everything before taking it in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts