Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2016 Subaru crosstrek hybrid. About 4 months ago the front axle was making a very loud clicking sound when we turned. Took it to my local mechanic and he said the boot had failed. Replaced the boot and the clicking disappeared for 6 weeks. Then it returned and we replaced the boot again at the same local mechanic. Then about 8 weeks later we were on vacation 200 miles from home and the axle completely dislodged from car. Had to get it fixed at a local mechanic in Lake Tahoe... complete axle replacement. Then, 6 weeks later, we were driving on the freeway and the axle completely dislodged from the socket again. Crazy smoke, oil splattered all over engine, every emergency light flashed. All of this is the front driver side axle. Had it towed 150 miles to the Subaru service center for repair. Another $1,400 for another new axle. It has been a week since that one was installed. Thoughts on all of this? I am terrified to drive the car. Also out about $2,200 on repairs (my local mechanic reimbursed me 100%, or else I would be out $3,000). Any way to recoup these costs? The car has 61,000 miles and I have had it since it was new. Rarely off -road with it, mostly city and freeway driving.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts