·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh that looks awesome.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know!!!! Ugh!!!! Decisions...... BIG difference in price from the unibar...but soôo worth it!

Sent from my iPad II using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Hmmm, that does look tempting...

Decisions, decisions.....

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it totally revamps the front end appearance, but with subtlety... rugged yet classy

The more I look at it... the more I like it!!! WHERE'S MY WALLET!?!?!?!

(Sigh... this is bad... Now I have a real dilemma.... spend money on the XV or my Wrangler... UGH!!!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The seller only ships in Australia. On the subaruxvforums.com website they reference a different site also in Australia that sells stuff like this. Actually it looks identical. I wonder how we get this stuff into the USA?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He goes by PADPOP( ?) on that Forum. I have not contacted him directly, but I have heard his daughter ( I guess she runs the business) can ship to the US.... I haven't confirmed this, but I will look into it since other US owners have inquired about it on that fourm as well.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe it's ABS plastic, but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's OEM from Subaru in Australia, if it's anything like the piece Subaru offered for the Forester it is nothing but plastic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Subir_roo said:
It's OEM from Subaru in Australia, if it's anything like the piece Subaru offered for the Forester it is nothing but plastic.
Personally I think it would be a waste of money if it was plastic. I would think if you're wanting protection for the bumper get a light bar or full on bumper bar. But that's just my $0.02.

I actually plan on getting a rear hitch next week and putting a hitch ball on it to hopefully prevent people from bumping my rear bumper when parallel parking. As far as the front goes, I'm still searching for that "perfect" bumper or light bar.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Subir_roo said:
not OEM at all. theres a whole bunch of these aftermarket parts for the XV by a chinese company called SUBAGE. im personally not a fan of this bumper guard. i dont have anything against plastic, but the plastic on this is just cheap cheap cheap looking..

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For looks.. sure.. I agree... pleasant to the eye...NOT for protection.

I have to say that the only way I would probably go this route is if I could actually see it up close... and that is NOT going to happen before a purchase....So it's out the window.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Interesting, It looks a lot like to Subaru one offered for the SG body Forester.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts