Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a premium edition of a 2013 Crosstrek. As the stereo is not the best, I'm going to replace it.
I was wondering if I can connect the factory backup camera to my newly purchased Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS.
If anyone has connected their factory cam to an aftermarket head unit, let me know what you've encountered.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW David from AE64.com has a wiring harness that will connect the factory backup cam wiring to an aftermarket head unit. He can even supply it with a lead so that it automatically turns when you shift into reverse.
All of his harnesses are well made and work flawlessly. Check out his site if you are upgrading your head unit.

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ct said:
FWIW David from AE64.com has a wiring harness that will connect the factory backup cam wiring to an aftermarket head unit. He can even supply it with a lead so that it automatically turns when you shift into reverse.
All of his harnesses are well made and work flawlessly. Check out his site if you are upgrading your head unit.

Mike
wow I was just looking at this
great info thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ct said:

Mike
Great if you can get a response to emails. I've been trying for a week now. Plus the one on his site won't work for my application. I assume he makes these so a custom harness wouldn't be out of the question? I need the opposite of what he has on the site. Male RCA to female 8-pin. He has female RCA to male 8-pin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone here gotten that adapter cable from David @ AE64? How did it work? I am browsing for a new HU and would like to keep the OEM back-up camera. Thanx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts