Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 XV and having "periodical" issues with the backup camera. Not sure if it's a wiring issue or the actual camera going out. Sometimes when the car is put into reverse (CVT trans) the screen comes up black. I can take the car out of reverse and put right back into reverse and the camera comes on - sometimes. Sometimes it'll only come on once the car is turned off and then back on. I do live in a rural area of NW Oklahoma with a lot of gravel/dirt roads. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
With an intermittent problem like that, I would judge there's something causing an internmittent connection between the screen and camera. Since this is potentially an electrical issue, bringing it to an automotive repair shop may be your only option unless you're experienced with working on electrical repairs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking as well, electrical. I will contact the shop and see if they can give it a look.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same problem that I posted. They did the whole wire/connection inspection, replaced the headunit and then finally replacing (my first suggestion) the backup camera fixed it. Been good since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm guessing it's the plug for the camera. Bumpy roads tend to do that. I've had it happen on my dad's older truck several times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts