Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or had any good luck with using either the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 or the GTR Ultra 2 Series LED bulbs to replace their stock halogens in a reflector housing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm curious about this too. I've also read LED bulbs can cause flickering for the Daytime Running Lights so if anyone knows of an LED bulb that doesn't flicker, that'd be great!

I should add that I'm talking about Base and Premium models.

saint ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
While we're taking about DRLs flickering I have to ask... Has anyone found a way to disable the DRLs?

I have a 2019 base and the only way to disable the DRLs is to prop the park brake up with something enough to trigger the sensor...

I tried pulling the interior fuse that I thought was for the DRLs and the still came on.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
While we're taking about DRLs flickering I have to ask... Has anyone found a way to disable the DRLs?

I have a 2019 base and the only way to disable the DRLs is to prop the park brake up with something enough to trigger the sensor...

I tried pulling the interior fuse that I thought was for the DRLs and the still came on.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Better think twice about that. Your insurance rate assumes the running lights are operational. If you disable them and get in a wreck, the insurance company may disallow, at least in part, your claim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And these bulbs don’t flicker when the DRL‘s are on? Would you mind providing a link?

Thank you so much!

saint ?
The DRL is a separate bulb for the low beams. I believe that the High Beams provide the DRL. No flickering whatsoever on the LED lights. Just go to Amazon and search Lightening Dark.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The DRL is a separate bulb for the low beams. I believe that the High Beams provide the DRL. No flickering whatsoever on the LED lights. Just go to Amazon and search Lightening Dark.
Okay, thanks. Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking when I asked the question because I knew the DRL's are actually the high beams on low power. I think I got confused with others who have replaced their high beam bulbs with LED's and then experience flicker with the DRL's. It's good to know you like them. I don't even have my Crosstrek yet. What size bulb should I purchase when I go to Amazon?

Thanks!

saint ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts