Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two weeks ago I was happily driving the Corolla I'd bought new back in 2005 ... when the engine blew. Can't complain too much, since I'd put 284,000 miles on the thing, but suddenly I was in panic mode to find a new car.

I didn't start off thinking about a Subaru, but here in western Montana a lot of people consider Subies THE car to drive, so I stopped at the dealership on a whim. I'd never even heard of a Crosstrek at that point, but the salesman steered me right over to one, put me in the driver's seat, and pointed me at high speed toward a twisty, rutted dirt road. Five minutes later, I was totally hooked. :D

Found the one I wanted a couple days later, and soon it was mine! And of course, a few minutes after taking possession I headed off the pavement again:

And then on an old logging road up into the mountains, where the crosstrek was definitely happiest:

And yeah, I had to get a tangerine one ... for me it was no contest. It's an amazing color for an amazing car!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Congratulations on your new "love affair" and welcome to CCT!! Those are fantastic pics of the Tangerine against the green and blue! Well done! Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Great pics from Great sky 8)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, folks. I'll definitely keep the photography going.

As for mods, there are a couple long-term things I wouldn't mind doing, but the primary short-term mod will be to cover the car with lots and lots of road dust. ;D

·
Registered
800 Posts
Montanan said:
Thanks, folks. I'll definitely keep the photography going.

As for mods, there are a couple long-term things I wouldn't mind doing, but the primary short-term mod will be to cover the car with lots and lots of road dust. ;D
Sounds like a great mod you have in mind. ;)

The orange/blue contrast looks excellent!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Montanan said:
I know I should probably stop saying this, but I just can't get over how great that color is. :)
Its ok, I dont get tired of hearing it from myself or anyone else! Must be a Tangerine Thing :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll jump in on the tangy party! The orange looks good dirty and there is still something that just looks amazing after a good wash. I never saw a color that looked like that in the sun.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hit the 1,000-mile mark with the car yesterday, and I'm still madly in love with the thing.

Anyhow, here's a shot from a mountain roadtrip today. The car's exterior is pretty washed out, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case anyone wants to see proof that the Crosstrek's back seat can comfortably hold three passengers:

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great looking Subi! Welcome to the club!

I've had my Crosstrek for about 3 weeks now, and the more I drive it, the more I notice how amazing the thing handles! Hopefully you've noticed the same thing as you've recently hit the 1000 mile mark. ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DustinWEM said:

I've had my Crosstrek for about 3 weeks now, and the more I drive it, the more I notice how amazing the thing handles! Hopefully you've noticed the same thing as you've recently hit the 1000 mile mark. ;)
Thanks! It's a great club to be in. :)

Yep ... overall I'm VERY pleased with the way the Crosstrek handles. I'm noticing that more and more, especially as I get more used to the CVT and learn to adjust my driving style accordingly.

And seriously, the thing goes anywhere!! I tackled a ridiculous ATV trail with the Subaru last weekend, and it didn't complain in the least.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Montanan said:
DustinWEM said:

Thanks! It's a great club to be in. :)

Yep ... overall I'm VERY pleased with the way the Crosstrek handles. I'm noticing that more and more, especially as I get more used to the CVT and learn to adjust my driving style accordingly.

And seriously, the thing goes anywhere!! I tackled a ridiculous ATV trail with the Subaru last weekend, and it didn't complain in the least.
Yeah, the CVT is definitely something to get used to. I'm accustomed to really putting my foot in the accelerator and just going for it, but the CVT doesn't like that too much, so I've had to adjust how I feed it. Now that I'm more used to the way it works, it just feels right.

And yes, it goes just about anywhere you want it to! I haven't had the opportunity to really go of road yet, but I'm definitely itching to.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, the Crosstrek will never make your average lead-footed teenager happy, but once you get used to the way the transmission works it's apparent that the car hits a nice sweet-spot combination of torque and fuel economy ... it's not the underpowered machine that some of the critics say it is.

And thanks! :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are a couple more "glamour" shots of the Crosstrek I took this weekend, while on a long drive on a two-track up in the mountains.

T've been taking more pictures of the car than anything else lately! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts