Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put a black spoiler on a satin white? I have toyed with putting the black spoiler and the black sport grill. I'm still (unfortunately) waiting on my car and may have them put the black instead of color matching.

Thoughts?

IF someone has, can you post or link photos?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Re: Black spoiler on Satin Pearl White?

I haven't seen it yet on here. Personally, I think it would look good but at the same time I would be really worried it could seem to a lot of people like you just didn't have it painted or something.

Obviously do what makes you happy and don't worry about what others think, just some food for thought!

·
Registered
820 Posts

I have no doubt that it would look very cool. Whenever I attend car shows and see a black/white or white/black color scheme, I think yea, classic. A few more black on white accents and you're entirely unique for this shape. 8)

·
Registered
354 Posts

I think it would look pretty good. We plastidipped our body side moldings which turned out really good then hubby was debating the spoiler also but decided to leave it alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

I was thinking about it and came back to say what RubySu said - add some other black accessories (maybe sport grille if you don't have it) to balance out the black spoiler and it would really look killer. I've also thought if I had the satin white I would check into having the roof painted/vinyl-wrapped with black, like in these: https://www.google.com/search?q=black+roof+white+car&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4o-VUfDdA6n3igL14oGIBw&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1167&bih=737

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well, I ended up adding the black spoiler and black sports grill to the Crosstrek. Hopefully I'll pick up later today or tomorrow.

It took a lot longer to get than they thought. I'm in Dallas and the car was at the rail head in Houston. Saturday it got to the Houston dealer and yesterday evening it arrived in North Dallas (Denton). Today they are supposed to be putting all the items on the vehicle.

I plan on plasti dipping the emblems a matte black and of course tinted the front windows with a tint strip on the front window.

I kind of wish the Subaru emblem was black rather than blue, I found a DIY way to change that but don't feel comfortable doing it.

I'll post photos when I have the car and it's all done.

·
Registered
820 Posts

I'll be looking for those pics....glad you decided to go ahead with the changes. 8)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts

Looks great. My 05 Corvette was two tone black and silver. The black and white looks better

·
Registered
800 Posts

That does look good. I think some black moldings would help bring it all together and set off the two tone design.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well, I finally go tmy Crosstrek.

I ended up with both black spoiler and black sports grill.

Looks very good and I'm quite pleased. I'll take some photos later today.

·
Registered
820 Posts

The pics RallyBud posted look great- glad to hear you're quite happy with it! I am pleasantly surprised at how the unique shape of our XV responds to our modding efforts. I've seen people waste a load of $$$ for very little, if any, improvement. This platform seems to become whatever you want it to which is sometimes very difficult to achieve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks really good. Even though I think the white looks really good as well, "I" have to give the edge to the black on white spoiler. Well done!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RallyBud said:
That looks really good. Even though I think the white looks really good as well, "I" have to give the edge to the black on white spoiler. Well done!
thank you, I saw it a lot on the Lexus RX350's and was wanting it done on mine, then saw the photos of another SWP with it so I pulled the trigger. Very happy with it.

I plan on plasti dipping the badges today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
bdrex28 said:
RallyBud said:
thank you, I saw it a lot on the Lexus RX350's and was wanting it done on mine, then saw the photos of another SWP with it so I pulled the trigger. Very happy with it.

I plan on plasti dipping the badges today.
My neighbor has the Lexus like your referring to, I envy the look, can't wait to get mine done this summer, your xv looks awesome.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts