Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I used to have an iPhone 4 and it worked great with the cars Bluetooth. I now have the Samsung s3 and you have to connect the bluetooth every time the car turns off. It stays paired but not connected . Anyone have any issues or solutions . Very annoying. Also my iPhone used to show what was playing on the headunit screen from Pandora. But with the Samsung it doesnt show the music information.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean exactly... is your phone turning off its bluetooth connectivity when it loses connection with the car? I know with mine it loses connection with the car when the crosstrek is turn off (obviously), but bluetooth remains on, and when the engine is turned back on the phone and the crosstrek find each other again.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bluetooth remains on but I have to turn it off and on again to allow music or phone to work. It stays "paired" but i have to click on the crosstrek device to allow it to be connected rather then only paired. when it only says paired nothing streams.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Samsung Note 2 works perfectly everytime for me.

My suggestion would be to go to your carrier and see if they can offer any help. Or - delete the 'pairing' in both the phone and the crosstrek - and re-pair it from scratch. I've also heard that turning your phone completely off, and then removing the battery for a few min will reset the bluetooth in the phones. I would try those and then see what happens.

Edit: Another option would be to go back to the dealership you bought it from. Hopefully - they have someone that is trained properly in the setup of the bluetooth or have a decent service department that can figure out your issue and get it resolved.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rmaligie said:
So I used to have an iPhone 4 and it worked great with the cars Bluetooth. I now have the Samsung s3 and you have to connect the bluetooth every time the car turns off. It stays paired but not connected . Anyone have any issues or solutions . Very annoying. Also my iPhone used to show what was playing on the headunit screen from Pandora. But with the Samsung it doesnt show the music information.
I am having this exact same problem and it is driving me nuts. My old phone, a Razr Maxx, connected fine every time I started the car, but my note 2 (the bigger cousin of the SIII) often takes a few tries to get connected.

·
Registered
74 Posts
swfire271 said:
My Samsung Note 2 works perfectly everytime for me.
Well this is odd, my Note 2 is having the same problems as Rmaligie...
Well I'm gonna try some of your suggested steps and I'll let y'all know if I can get it working right.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm weird. I wonder why its super annoying. Also it doesn't show the song info playing like it did with my iPhone did

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Samsung S3 and I've had no problems at all. As long as Bluetooth is active on the phone, the phone finds the car every time I turn on the ignition. No problems at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts