Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked the car up from the dealer's, he linked my phone to the BT system. Today however, no connection...
Do I need to link my phone to the car every time I get in? Seems like a lot of hassle :(
It's a cheap Nokia, not a smartphone.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the touch screen radio with the built-in satnav? I have the standard radio. Tried looking it up in the manual but that just left me with a headache :-\

·
Registered
927 Posts
It sure is... sorry. I just assumed.

Either way... there should be an auto-connect option somewhere.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
I also have the standard radio and once my phone is paired to it (not it to the phone) it connects each time I get in the car.
Make sure your bluetooth function is active on your phone. If you scroll BT devices on your phone the car radio should be listed.

I haven't bothered with the voice recognition feature. I just want to be able to answer a call, or place one and talk hands-free. So I can't really help you with that, but it should be pretty straightforward.

And yes, the manual is a PITA. They mix in the two radio types and it's very hard to understand. And I've been a technical writer and I'm an IT tech, so one would think I could understand it. ::)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's the phone that doesn't do auto-connect. It's paired with the radio, I'll check tomorrow if I can just make the link on the phone.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, it's the phone. I have to manually link with a paired device. Small hassle. The Bluetooth works great. Cuts the radio volume, and sound quality is loud and clear. Very impressed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, me too. Ever since I discovered the HU plays AAC format CD-Rs, I'm 99% sure the HU is staying. Might upgrade the speakers, but no more other plans.
I got to spend some time with my car today (a 100km drive took me nearly two hours due to traffic) and I'm really starting to appreciate just about everything about it :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dredging up an old thread here...

There is a LOT of erroneous information about setting up a phone on the 'trek BT network. I see I posted here more than a year ago. Since I got another new phone I had it paired but I would have to connect it with the phone BT menu every time I wanted to use it in the car - it would not auto-connect.

So I fiddle with it for a couple of hours tonight, went over the manual, searched online, and here's what I finally figured out:

1. If you pair your phone with the menu button on the radio itself, you pair it for audio streaming and it will work as a phone too but will not auto-connect after shut off the ignition. On my phone it would pop up the music menu on the phone as well.

2. What has been said here and there on various threads it that you have to pair it with the voice menu system for the phone.

YOU MUST PAIR IT WITH THE VOICE COMMANDS IN THE PHONE OPERATION MENU. If you don't it won't auto-connect when you start the car.

If you've been having this problem, delete the car device from your phone, and using the menu button on the radio. The activate the voice commands, select SETUP, then PAIR PHONE. It will prompt you to give the phone an name, and then to set it up with your phone device, then CONFIRM it. You may also need to SELECT PHONE.

Once you pair your BT phone to the car this way it will auto-connect when you cycle the ignition switch.

I hope there's a sticky or something for this because there are a LOT of 'treks driving around that can't auto-connect to their owner's phone!

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, the other hidden setting on the A radio is the bass boost, and there are two of them:
1. with the radio on, hold the preset button 1 and 6 at the same time and then touch the tuner button - you'll find loud and normal - select the loud option.
2. with the radio turned off, hold the 1 and 4 button and touch the tuner button and you'll see PASS THROUGH. You might have to touch the tuner button a couple of times for it to come up. Then release and turn on the radio and you'll have full bass boost. Helps a lot with this crappy little radio and cheap speakers. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts