Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My iPhone syncs with the hands free feasture perfectly.
When, I try to play music from the phone via the same Bluetooth connection, I can see that the system rexognizes the phone and dhows there is 76 hours available. But, it does not list any of the songs.
Am I missing something ? Is it possible to access Bluetooth and handsfree voice at the same time ?
I checked the bluetooth connection and it definitely sees the phone.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm not sure which HU you have, but on the most basic model, I can't see my music on the HU. I have to start playback manually on the phone and about all I can do via the HU is previous/next song.

It may be different on other HUs

·
Registered
927 Posts
On the SAT/NAV HU... you need to plug your iPhone or iPod into the USB in the center console.... then all your music comes up. BT connection will not allow it... I don't know why. I believe it's due to the fact the it registers as a phone first and foremost when you connect via BT... that was the intent of the connection..not for use as an iPod for music. Now you can BT an iPod if you want as an additional device (if you have one ), but I keep my iPod connected via USB in the console and it's always charged

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chasem said:
I'm not sure which HU you have, but on the most basic model, I can't see my music on the HU. I have to start playback manually on the phone and about all I can do via the HU is previous/next song.

It may be different on other HUs
+1 for me, too. I have basic HU and I can't see my song titles or anything, it just says something basic like "PLAY" (I can't remember). I can change songs previous/next with HU, but that's it. Everything else I have to do on my phone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Xtrekr said:
On the SAT/NAV HU... you need to plug your iPhone or iPod into the USB in the center console.... then all your music comes up. BT connection will not allow it... I don't know why. I believe it's due to the fact the it registers as a phone first and foremost when you connect via BT... that was the intent of the connection..not for use as an iPod for music. Now you can BT an iPod if you want as an additional device (if you have one ), but I keep my iPod connected via USB in the console and it's always charged
I've been able to play music through BT on my SAT/NAV HU, but I couldn't browse music like you can through the USB port.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts