Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went ahead and bought body moldings from a 3rd party site - they were 130 dollars or so. Much better than the $300 at the dealer ::)
I"ll let you know how they look with matching color and installation experience!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't received them yet - I ordered from bodysidemoldings dot com
I looked at carID dot com - they had some $20 more expensive and a more attractive website, but decided to take a chance with the cheaper site.

Funny how the look of the site tempted me to purchase more expensive product :)

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
What exactly are these "body moldings"?

Are they the anti door-ding plastic lips? The side bumper-things that prevent shopping carts from damaging the paint badly?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Ah so they are the anti-cart ding things!

I always thought they came standard on a lot of cars when I was younger.. until I built cars online (the "build your own car" feature on car manufacturer websites).

To me, more protection for your car, the better!

Speaking of which, don't want to derail the thread but I can't help but wonder... Does Subaru of America offer the anti-door-ding plastic lip? I couldn't find it in the accessores. Also, anyone know why Subaru of America doesn't offer the bumper corner molds on the XV?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the anti cart things lol. I could see myself getting a door ding and then hating myself for not getting the body mold protector.

AWDfreak said:
Speaking of which, don't want to derail the thread but I can't help but wonder... Does Subaru of America offer the anti-door-ding plastic lip? I couldn't find it in the accessores. Also, anyone know why Subaru of America doesn't offer the bumper corner molds on the XV?
Do you mean body moldings in the black plastic instead of painted ? I was thinking about that after i ordered and thought it would have looked cool but I didn't see any specifically for crosstrek.

Idk about the corner molds.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
AWDfreak said:
Good question, corner molds would be nice but I haven't seen them yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes they are a dealer installed option. I had them put on my car. $229.00 to me seemed reasonable for genuine Subie parts installed by the dealer. They are on the website when you build your car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not seen the door strips, if they are no on the 'build you own' part of the Subie website my guess is they are not available as as genuine subie part. The body side mouldings are though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
pa_tekrep said:
I have not seen the door strips, if they are no on the 'build you own' part of the Subie website my guess is they are not available as as genuine subie part. The body side mouldings are though.
Yeah I haven't seen them anywhere.
Actually.. they are on the build options under accessories on Subaru's site...

They are $229 option here in Reno, NV

·
Registered
714 Posts
They list for $229. Some dealers are above list and some are below. They can be had for around $200 from some dealers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeah we are getting the body moldings installed on ours on Monday but we went with black instead of the color of the car...I will post pics when it is done :) We thought we would be different just to personalize it more!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think that will probably look pretty darn good!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
yeah we are getting the body moldings installed on ours on Monday but we went with black instead of the color of the car...I will post pics when it is done :) We thought we would be different just to personalize it more!
I like the sound of that. I look forward to some pics.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am looking at the body molding as well. However, I want to go with a color that matches the wheel well covers (I like the contrast it brings against my car, It is a White Satin Pearl). I cant find the matte black then I will go with the color matched.

Does anyone know if they sell them on the same material as the wheel well covers?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
josemendez said:
I am looking at the body molding as well. However, I want to go with a color that matches the wheel well covers (I like the contrast it brings against my car, It is a White Satin Pearl). I cant find the matte black then I will go with the color matched.

Does anyone know if they sell them on the same material as the wheel well covers?

Thank you
They do not, you can only order it in a factory stock color, not the plastic body cladding material

at least that's what this dealer website says (apologize for the long link)
http://carlsensubaruparts.com/subaruParts/eCatalog/index.cfm?makeid=32&manufacturerid=1001&catalogid=201&categoryid=42061&subcat1=0&subcat2=0&subcat3=0&subcat4=0&subcat5=0&modelid=970&siteid=216558&itemid=404863&jointvehid=17665&startyear=2013&retval=index.cfm%3FallSearch%3D%26return%3Decatalog%26modelid%3D970%26startyear%3D2013%26showAllItems%3Dfalse%26status_2%3D0%26status_3%3D0%26action%3D%26manufacturerid%3D1001%26startrow%3D1%26categoryid%3D42061%26subcat1%3D0%26subcat2%3D0%26subcat3%3D0%26subcat4%3D0%26subcat5%3D0%26featuredItemCategoryid%3D%26showSpecials%3Dfalse%26showUpdates%3Dfalse%26viewType%3D%26catalogid%3D201%26siteid%3D216558

·
Registered
354 Posts
josemendez said:

Thank you
No they do not do the matte black :( We wanted to do the same so we decided to try the shiny black but when it came in it had A LOT of gold speckle & we didn't think it would look good with our desert khaki so we have reordered for the desert khaki....was REALLY disappointed we thought the black molding would have looked awesome!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Morgan & Freak

Thank you very much. That is a shame, you would think they had it. I looked on line but there was nothing available. I am going to add the molding this weekend at the dealer - They will do it for $230.00. So I figure why not.

So far, I have to say, I love the car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts