Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was thinking about doing this. Looks great! What paint did you use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just wondering if anyone had painted their calipers Orange, to match their Orange Tangerine XV? If so what paint did you use and please post a pic. THANX!

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Anyone Plastidip the calipers?
That would be a foolish thing to attempt, one must use high-temperature paint for use on something like brake calipers. To put into perspective what kind of temperatures the brake system can encounter, typical brake pads overheat at 600 degrees Fahrenheit and glowing of the brake rotor (disc) may become perceptible at just below 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Plasti-Dip would most likely melt and cause a mess as well as present a safety hazard as it may interfere with the brake system's operation as a result of it not being designed for high temperature use.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Definitely DO NOT PlastiDip your calipers - Go to the auto-parts store and high temp paint manifold or caliper paint. Clean the calipers really well. I have done this in the past using a wire brush and even rough sandpaper. then clean them with break cleaner. I spray the paint into a cup and paint it on with a brush - it's easier that way. I haven't done this with my new Crosstrek yet but have done this on other cars and will probably wait till Spring and warmer weather to do my new Crosstrek.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts