Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts
I have not seen any for the new gen, and it's been over a year now.

I just dont think it will be "a thing". I personally think it would look extremely weird to have a similar shield for the new gen. The hood does not end all the way at the font of the car like the previous generation did (as seen below).

It would be strange to have a shield in the middle of the front end compared to on the front of the car.

Obviously just my opinion and thoughts. But as it hasnt been made yet, I would kinda doubt it?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you look at the link, it's for the 2019.

We had this a year ago with '18 Crosstreks.

More important is whether it will interfere with EyeSight...

Under the description of the product it shows "What This Fits". That's what I was going by. If you can't take the vendor's word for "What This Fits", I don't see how you can take their word for anything.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's what I see: Home Subaru Crosstrek Premium 2.0L CVT 2019 E231SFJ000

I also see: Not Compatible with Eyesight Models

I'm surprised that no one else has commented on this...

·
Registered
11 Posts

If you google that part number, it comes back as fitting 2012-2017 models on a number of websites, including Amazon and various Subaru dealers. Here's one https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-crosstrek-deflector-hood-p-1377.html

I guess it's possible that it also fits a 2019, but it would sure look different.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not sure what you're proposing here...

My contribution to this thread was that bug deflectors should not be installed on vehicles with EyeSight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure what you're proposing here...

My contribution to this thread was that bug deflectors should not be installed on vehicles with EyeSight.

What I'm proposing is that the link the poster provided is for a product which does not fit 2018 or 2019 Crosstreks.

I never disputed your contention about Eyesight. I think you just like to argue.

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts

It is listed under a 2019... BUT the image is the first gen Crosstrek.

Then if you click on "What this fit", it only shows 12-17 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is listed under a 2019... BUT the image is the first gen Crosstrek.

Then if you click on "What this fit", it only shows 12-17 years.
I agree, it's weird. Not something I'm considering (we have EyeSight) but was curious.

A year ago there was much debate about whether the '17 Impreza mods would fit the '18 Crosstrek. When I tried to find body side moldings, and called SOA, I was directed to the Impreza version, LOL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
"What I'm proposing is that the link the poster provided is for a product which does not fit 2018 or 2019 Crosstreks."

that's why I stated check with the dealer first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"What I'm proposing is that the link the poster provided is for a product which does not fit 2018 or 2019 Crosstreks."

that's why I stated check with the dealer first.

That's what you suggested and that's what I did. I wasn't criticizing you for posting the link. I was really hoping you had found something there because I've always put a bug guard on my vehicles. It helps deflect rocks, debris, etc. which cause chips in the paint. Also, works pretty good with the love bugs here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts