Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was looking to get some input on an issue I've been having with my 2016 Crosstrek. When I accelerate or drive at 50+ mph I have a buzzing/rough feeling in my gas pedal(which can be really annoying on my 30 minute all highway commute!) Right now I have about 2400 miles on the car and started to get this feeling at ~900 miles. I already know it is not tires/balance since I just put snow tires on and felt it with both my stock Geolandars as well as my new Hankook Winter I'Pikes.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
The accelerator pedal has no mechanical connection to any of the vehicles subsystems at all. Are you completely sure it's isolated to the accelerator pedal? Perhaps it's some sort of driveline vibration that so happens to be most prominent at the accelerator pedal since it is next to the transmission tunnel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The accelerator pedal has no mechanical connection to any of the vehicles subsystems at all. Are you completely sure it's isolated to the accelerator pedal? Perhaps it's some sort of driveline vibration that so happens to be most prominent at the accelerator pedal since it is next to the transmission tunnel.
I don't believe it's isolated to the pedal, I do know the Crosstrek is drive-by-wire. What I meant when I said that was I can feel the vibrations in the accelerator pedal, on occasion even in the brake pedal but I have yet to feel anything on the other side by the dead pedal. I also get a pulsation in my brake pedal when I apply the brakes. Any ideas if this could be related, even though the accelerator vibration is when the car is not braking?

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Pulsing brakes is usually an indicator of excessive rotor thickness variation. It can also just be the ABS working if braking beyond threshold braking.

Those symptoms still make me think it is related to something rotating with the rest of the driveline, but a thorough inspection by a trained technician would be best to find and solve the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And that could cause a vibration? I'm bringing it to my dealer next Thursday so we'll see what they say!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts