Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2021 Outdoor trim in BC, Canada. I just bought this car in October. This problem has occurred three times now so it is very intermittent and I can't replicate it predictably. After I get home and park the car in the garage, I turn it off (and I don't hear any noise - but maybe it's because the garage door is still open) and go inside. Two or three hours later there is a buzzing noise coming from the passenger side rear wheel well. In order to make it stop, I have to start the car and then shut it off. I sent a video recording of the sound to the dealership twice but the service people have no idea what might be causing it. Is there a servo motor or something in the ABS or traction control system?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I did read much/most of the owners manual but don't remember seeing this. I may have glossed over it as I thought it might only apply to California emissions standards. I also sent the info to the Subaru dealership as they had no idea what it was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also - in my previous car, a 2005 Kia Spectra5, I had managed to pollute the purge valve (part of the emission control system) and had to get that repaired as it was causing all sorts of stalling issues. When filling up with gas, I NEVER top off the gas anymore as that was what caused the problem with the Kia. I only hold the pump lever to when it automatically shuts off the flow and that's it, I remove the pump from the fuel intake. (Many people probably already know this.) Interesting thing was that it took me owning the car for 12 years before the problematic stalling occurred.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts