Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Camping in your Crosstrek

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TheAlpineTiki 
#1 ·
I've been looking deeply into the best ways for two people to camp with my '21 Limited: rooftop tents and rear hatch tents (with blocking window inserts). I'm also interested and would be open to a small teardrop or light camper trailer, but most that I've seen seem to be too heavy for the 1500lb capacity.

I'm curious as to which of these other members have, which you like, wish you had gotten instead or regret having gotten.

#2 · (Edited)
My tow vehicle is a 2000 4-cylinder Subaru Outback wagon with automatic transmission. I've towed a 13' Scamp travel trailer, front bathroom layout, total weight, loaded:1390 lbs, for a great 10,000-mile road trip, full-timing, over the past three years, and I never had problems. The only problem was when I went on a trip with my wife, she suggested that we decorate the trailer with LED lights that can be controlled by a special application. I've never used a flashlight app before. These women sometimes have ideas. Oh, God!.

#5 ·
View attachment 10954
Removed by backseats and built modular platform for storage/auxiliary power.Fits full size 4inch memory topper and was very cozy in 30 degrees. I ran second battery/fuse/other features but for camping the set up was great 👍🏻. View attachment 10955
I found this awesome post via Google and joined the forum so I could ask about it, but I can't send messages yet as a new member.

Have you posted details on the platform build anywhere? Would love to hear how you did it and how it's working out. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.