Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I’m new to the forum and just got my new 2019 Crosstrek Premium with “eyesight”. Was wondering if I put a dashcam on the windshield , will it affect the “eyesight” features? Where is the best place to install it?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
As long as you aren't obstructing the view of the eyesight cameras you should be good. But keep in mind that they have a wide angle lens on the cameras so you probably shouldn't be right up next to them. Though if you set back the same distance from the windshield as the front of them you should be good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as you aren't obstructing the view of the eyesight cameras you should be good. But keep in mind that they have a wide angle lens on the cameras so you probably shouldn't be right up next to them. Though if you set back the same distance from the windshield as the front of them you should be good.
Thanks. Was thinking of installing it on the back of my rearview mirror. Wil see when the dashcam arrived.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had a Dashcam on my windshield for over 50,000 miles and I use my Eyesight/adaptive cruise control everyday.

My placement is directly below the mirror where it is obstructed from my view but easily accessible.

I recommend the NextBase 522 DashCam.

Tomorrow I can snap a few pics of the placement.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My dash cam is below the rear view mirror so the screen is completely visible to me. Suction mounted to glass. Never had any issues with Eyesight not working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had mine right under my rear view mirror since I bought my Crosstrek in 2016. Easy to see the screen. Doesn't obstruct my view out the windshield and doesn't get in the FOV for the eyesight cameras.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve got a BlackVue DR750S-2CH at the front-right of the mirror and top center in the back. It all works flawlessly and interferes with nothing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got mine behind the mirror on the right side perfectly works everything, plus I don't see the camera, and on the other side is the ezpass

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got power from the 12V cig port just ahead of the shifter in the little cubby hole. Ran the cable straight up to the headliner and over the right Eyesight lens. The cable tucks into the headliner pretty easy. Then over to the passenger side "A" pillar and down the pillar to under the glove box. I removed the glove box and ran the cable under it securing it with a few zip ties. Then tucked the cable under the plastic on the center console and up to the 12V cig plug. I chose not to hard wire it in case I wanted to swap it to another car more readily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't want to put a dash cam on the windshield because of what the manual said, so I got one of THESE (no affiliation) for my Blackvue camera. A little pricey, but it was worth it for me.

I used the Blackvue OBD connector for power and it works perfectly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts