Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who dont know about Cape Lookout, it is a 22 mile long island that you can bring your 4x4 vehicle over and camp anywhere you want. There are no paved roads of any kind. You can drive down the beach and there is a 1 lane sand road in the middle of the island that is like a rally track at times. I had an amazing time and the Subaru did GREAT. I was the only Subaru, and only smaller suv/car there. People kept coming up to me asking me all about the car and could not believe the gas mileage. I dropped the psi to 17 and didnt have any issues getting around even in the worst deep dry sand. Check out the link below. Lots of pics.

https://plus.google.com/photos/116074361946922007145/albums/5881330908360137633

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wonderful photos! Some of them even look like they could be part of Subie's lifestyle marketing! Very cool indeed.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I was actually invited to go there this mid june with an FJ Cruiser group, but unfortunately work didn't allow for that...

ClubCrosstrek trip, anyone? ;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it did just fine. there was 1 spot i almost got stuck. i tried going straight up a pretty steep hill cause of the high tide and i bottomed out at the top but i kept pushing the gas down and it kept inching along... really thought i was stuck. i backed up a bit, turned to the side and pulled myself out of the rut and from being bottomed out. It was about to be bad... but nope! This was before I dropped the air down completely to 17. After I did that.... never had any more issues at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts