Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot get CarPlay to work on 2019 CrossTrek. Worked with my IPhone 8, but not the 12. Under CarPlay on the phone under "available cars" it just keeps circling. No list of cars appear. I have tried all videos to correct, but no luck.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
76 Posts
I don't i anything, but I've seen reference to this sort of problems. IIRC go to Bluetooth and forget the car. You may have to do it with the car as well. It isn't going into discover mode. I don't remember the procedure off hand, and couldn't help much with an iphone anyway, but get the car to dump the old phone. Connect BT, then plug and see if it will play. I never figured why car play has to have a BT connection to work since it is plugged in.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cannot get CarPlay to work on 2019 CrossTrek. Worked with my IPhone 8, but not the 12. Under CarPlay on the phone under "available cars" it just keeps circling. No list of cars appear. I have tried all videos to correct, but no luck.
I hav e both the same car and the same iphone you have upgraded to. Delete the original iphone from your car and reconnect the new iphone per instructions in user documents.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
76 Posts
I have found that NOT connecting my iPhone via Bluetooth and ONLY using a lightning cable works best. It does not need a Bluetooth connection.
Mine doesn't want to work without the BT connected. Could have just been some of the Auto Play jitters. No matter, I still see very little gain from plugging it in. Charging and mapping is about it. Everything else I want to do will work over the BT. Probably more, but never tried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts