1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
714 Posts
Oh boy, that was pretty quick... I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. It's hard to tell the quality of the pieces from photos so who knows. Maybe it's actually good stuff!

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's some cool looking stuff, not my taste, but to each their own. I think i'll be taking my Crosstrek down a different wrought, more function over form. Carbon Fiber is pretty though. I would have liked the hood more if they went vents to extract hot air instead of a scoop.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Even the stock turbo diesel XV uses a plastic formed inlet to direct air over the IC from the grille so I'm not sure why they bothered with the scoop. Maybe it would line up on the diesel models and you would remove the inlet used with the stock hood.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Loving the hood!!! Wife is gonna kill me!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
Quality is always an issue especially on something like this. I would not buy one without seeing one first. I'm not sure if our hoods are steel or aluminium but the old WRX/STI had aluminum hoods and most cheap carbon hoods (with fiberglass backing which is most of them out there) were are actually heavier than the stock hood. It takes a lot of skill to hand lay a full carbon hood and the price reflects that. I'd guess these hoods are fiberglass with carbon over the top.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I dig the looks of the hood, but here in the states it would be a waste since we don't have the turbo. It would be like the Toyota trucks with the hood scoop that doesn't do anything. Matter-o-fact Toyota TRD doesn't even make a turbo. They do make a kick-ass supercharger, though for the trucks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Should flip that scoop around and pull some air out instead. I'm assuming it would like up with the IC on the diesel models. Then you wouldn't have the HUGE plastic and rubber intake thing on the hood. We got our first 2014 Forster XT at work yesterday and I got to get a good lock at that new inlet design for the top mount intercoolers, it's pretty weird.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have contacted the retailer for the Carbon Grille and they have quoted me $170 + $80 to ship it to the USA. They are willing to lower the price if we buy multiples and if anyone is interested I can get a quote and set up a group buy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts