Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first DIY mod on the XV, I plasti dipped the chrome grill and wrapped the middle part in dinoc carbon fiber wrap from 3m. I plan to plasti dip the badges on the rear soon
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
Looks great!!! Nice touch!!!


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xtrekr said:
Looks great!!! Nice touch!!!


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Thanks Xtreker. I will be doing more carbon fiber wrapping as soon as I get more film. I ran out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
Couple of guys on the XVForum have done hood deflectors and rear spoilers that look great as well


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Excellent!

You're using some kind of film for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
that looks fantastic. I like the mixed look of the plasti-dipped outline with the carbon-wrapped middle section
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CJBROWN said:
Excellent!

You're using some kind of film for this?
It's a vinyl wrap made by 3m. It's all over eBay and YouTube has some tutorials on how to use it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Here are some other Vinyl Carbon Wrap ideas for you. We are not as adventurous nor as skilled, so we paid to have the eyelids cut onto the top half of our headlight.

Dan
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
The Hulls and Ikon....I love em both! Very cool 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
The said:
Here are some other Vinyl Carbon Wrap ideas for you. We are not as adventurous nor as skilled, so we paid to have the eyelids cut onto the top half of our headlight.
Just curious, who did you pay to do this? I want to get some stuff done but I'm too chicken.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The said:
Here are some other Vinyl Carbon Wrap ideas for you. We are not as adventurous nor as skilled, so we paid to have the eyelids cut onto the top half of our headlight.
Oh man. This is my next mod. I just made a template but ran out of wrap. It looks great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
I'm really thinking about trying the plastidip/carbon combo like you Ikon. Did you do it yourself? I feel like I can figure out the plasti-dip ok, but I was wondering if you had any tips about using the carbon wrap (how to apply it, line it up, cut it, etc).

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
The said:
Here are some other Vinyl Carbon Wrap ideas for you. We are not as adventurous nor as skilled, so we paid to have the eyelids cut onto the top half of our headlight.

Dan
This looks great. Where did you go to get this done? Cost (if you don't mine me asking)?

Thanks,

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AlexAlejan said:
I'm really thinking about trying the plastidip/carbon combo like you Ikon. Did you do it yourself? I feel like I can figure out the plasti-dip ok, but I was wondering if you had any tips about using the carbon wrap (how to apply it, line it up, cut it, etc).

Thanks!
You will need a heating gun or good blow dryer, a very sharp utility knife or xacto and a plastic squeegee. There are a ton of videos on you tube on installing the wrap.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top