Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first DIY mod on the XV, I plasti dipped the chrome grill and wrapped the middle part in dinoc carbon fiber wrap from 3m. I plan to plasti dip the badges on the rear soon

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Looks great!!! Nice touch!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xtrekr said:
Looks great!!! Nice touch!!!

Thanks Xtreker. I will be doing more carbon fiber wrapping as soon as I get more film. I ran out

·
Registered
927 Posts
Couple of guys on the XVForum have done hood deflectors and rear spoilers that look great as well

·
Registered
194 Posts
Excellent!

You're using some kind of film for this?

·
Registered
500 Posts
that looks fantastic. I like the mixed look of the plasti-dipped outline with the carbon-wrapped middle section

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CJBROWN said:
Excellent!

You're using some kind of film for this?
It's a vinyl wrap made by 3m. It's all over eBay and YouTube has some tutorials on how to use it

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here are some other Vinyl Carbon Wrap ideas for you. We are not as adventurous nor as skilled, so we paid to have the eyelids cut onto the top half of our headlight.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
The Hulls and Ikon....I love em both! Very cool 8)

·
Registered
130 Posts
The said:
Here are some other Vinyl Carbon Wrap ideas for you. We are not as adventurous nor as skilled, so we paid to have the eyelids cut onto the top half of our headlight.
Just curious, who did you pay to do this? I want to get some stuff done but I'm too chicken.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The said:
Oh man. This is my next mod. I just made a template but ran out of wrap. It looks great

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm really thinking about trying the plastidip/carbon combo like you Ikon. Did you do it yourself? I feel like I can figure out the plasti-dip ok, but I was wondering if you had any tips about using the carbon wrap (how to apply it, line it up, cut it, etc).

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
The said:

Dan
This looks great. Where did you go to get this done? Cost (if you don't mine me asking)?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AlexAlejan said:
I'm really thinking about trying the plastidip/carbon combo like you Ikon. Did you do it yourself? I feel like I can figure out the plasti-dip ok, but I was wondering if you had any tips about using the carbon wrap (how to apply it, line it up, cut it, etc).

Thanks!
You will need a heating gun or good blow dryer, a very sharp utility knife or xacto and a plastic squeegee. There are a ton of videos on you tube on installing the wrap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts