Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, I just have a set of jumper cables rolled up in a pouch as well as a cigarette lighter air compressor that I carry with me at all times. In my old OBS, there was room under the trunk liner, inside the spare tire, to store both of these items so they were out of sight. However, with the Crosstrek, there isn't such room so I just have the items sitting in the back.

I know it's very minor, but I am trying to think of a clever way that looks clean to tuck the items to one corner of the trunk and keep them in place so they are out of the way.

Does anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's always the old, take the spare out of the trunk trick. The Nissan Cube doesn't come with a spare because it comes with an air compressor.

Personally, I'm thinking of getting the side cargo nets because that will keep things looking neat and clean. I used to have amilk crate with all my stuff in it and hat always looked net.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeah we ordered the side cargo nets will get those on Wednesday :) I figured that will work great to keep smaller stuff accessible but out of the way :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I forgot all about the side cargo nets. Seems like that's exactly what I need.

I had the stuff in a box for a while but that seemed to take up more space than necessary.

·
Registered
29 Posts
fwiw ... I bought the side cargo nets for mine and I have the jumper cables on one side and misc stuff in the other... very clean and neat.

I just wish I could hide the pull out cargo cover under the rear deck. I thought I saw somewhere where you could but I can't see how it could fit/

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Cargo area organization

pa_tekrep said:
fwiw ... I bought the side cargo nets for mine and I have the jumper cables on one side and misc stuff in the other... very clean and neat.

I just wish I could hide the pull out cargo cover under the rear deck. I thought I saw somewhere where you could but I can't see how it could fit/
That would be nice if possible. I like the cargo cover with seats up, but I mostly keep my rear seats down so it just gets in the way.

Sent from my RAZR M
With Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
19 Posts
I store my jumper cables with the spare tire. There is enough room to wrap them around the top and tuck the clamps in the small wells. One storage problem solved.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Schultzie213 said:
I store my jumper cables with the spare tire. There is enough room to wrap them around the top and tuck the clamps in the small wells. One storage problem solved.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. My jumper cables are rolled in a zip-up bag that came with them, but the zipper is busted so it's not serving much purpose.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a small tool bag to stow my jumper cables and tow strap in, along with a few other misc tools. Doesn't take up much space, and was cheaper than those cargo nets. ;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Winglet said:
I bought a small tool bag to stow my jumper cables and tow strap in, along with a few other misc tools. Doesn't take up much space, and was cheaper than those cargo nets. ;D

I have a small tool bag as well. I keep a few tools, basket net, and assorted other things. It works really well and cost me like 20 bucks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'd just go with the side nets. I have a small bug out bag in my trunk thats too big to fit in a net, but even loose the trunk bedline it rubbery enough that it doesn't shift around much driving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts