Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we started measuring and fabricating today! Starting on the front plate. Rear diff guard and light bar are still in progress.

Here's a couple preview shots of the plate. This thing is SOLID!

Update! These are ready to go! They are 3/16'' 5052 Aluminum and come with all mounting hardware.

They will cost $200 shipped within the continental US and be available from:
http://www.carusomotorsports.com/

and

http://www.flatironstuning.com/

Here's photos of the final product:

This plate is meant to be used, so drain holes will not be an option.

·
Registered
927 Posts
VERY NICE!!!! 1/4" or 3/16"? I have a 3/16" carbon steel plate on my Jeep... my buddy has a 1/4" Aluminum.... we bash them the same on rocks and they hold up the same.... the difference is his a WAY LIGHTER....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These will be 3/16'' Aluminum. So they don't weigh much but they will take a beating! On something this lite car wise it's plenty thick.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David is currently focused on the Subaru Industry. (In addition to his full time job as a welder for a larger company) Maybe over time there will be enough R&D time for him to broaden his product lines but as of now the focus it top notch Subaru parts!

I just realized that question was probably posed from picture #2. Which is actually a Comanche! Don't see those too often. That beast belongs to a friend, just throwing a new tie rod on it!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Twist2Stop said:
Very nice. You guys build stuff for Cherokees too?
Not to get off topic... but send me a PM

What do you need.... I can most likely hook you up with some good people for your Chero...

Here is a pic of my buddy Kanin's WJ...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Subir_roo said:
David is currently focused on the Subaru Industry. (In addition to his full time job as a welder for a larger company) Maybe over time there will be enough R&D time for him to broaden his product lines but as of now the focus it top notch Subaru parts!

I just realized that question was probably posed from picture #2. Which is actually a Comanche! Don't see those too often. That beast belongs to a friend, just throwing a new tie rod on it!
Ah yes. The Cherokee pickup.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The guy I am talking about can do anything you want.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are officially designed and ready to go! They are not yet posted but they will be available from http://www.carusomotorsports.com/ and http://www.flatironstuning.com/

They are made from 3/16'' 5052 Aluminium and come with all hardware needed to mount them. You can email either site to order until they are posted. Price will be $200 SHIPPED to the lower 48. AK and HI will cost extra for shipping.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll get a few final ones up but for all intensive purposes yes. The final ones looks a little cleaner since we used a pretty banged up piece to for initial design. But the design for the final part is just like the one pictured.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Installation and removal is easy! The hardest part is removing the HUGE plastic under tray from Subaru, there are 4 bolts and something like 6 or 8 clips. You only have to re install two of the clips that also pin the wheel well but other than that all the plastic clips are removed. Plus there are two plastic spacers to pull at the front where the plate mounts. It took us about 10 minutes to remove the factory tray and clips/spacers and replace the two plastic clips for the wheel well. Once that is done it mounts with 4 bolts to the stock threaded mounts in the core support and cross member. Takes about 5 minutes to take off and put back. We opted for no holes for better protection and with how easy it is to remove and re install it shouldn't ad much if any time to an oil change.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Subir_roo said:
Installation and removal is easy! The hardest part is removing the HUGE plastic under tray from Subaru, there are 4 bolts and something like 6 or 8 clips. You only have to re install two of the clips that also pin the wheel well but other than that all the plastic clips are removed. Plus there are two plastic spacers to pull at the front where the plate mounts. It took us about 10 minutes to remove the factory tray and clips/spacers and replace the two plastic clips for the wheel well. Once that is done it mounts with 4 bolts to the stock threaded mounts in the core support and cross member. Takes about 5 minutes to take off and put back. We opted for no holes for better protection and with how easy it is to remove and re install it shouldn't ad much if any time to an oil change.
Gotcha, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Absolutely! If anyone has any questions on these post them in here and I'll do my best to get them answered ASAP!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.