Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed their center console? I am trying to run some wires through it but I cannot figure out how to take it apart. I found something on the internet but it is not very detailed and I still couldn't figure it out. Could somebody help me out here? Maybe post a video or something? Thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've found two sites that have helped me Subaruxvcrosstrekforum.com or Subaruimprezaforum.com also Google it would probly help. For me I'm curious about changing out the spark plugs on the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
318 Posts
billybob said:
For me I'm curious about changing out the spark plugs on the Crosstrek.
If its anything remotely close to changing the plugs on a WRX... good luck. One side will be simple, the other side you'll have to unbolt the motor mount and jack up the block a few inches to gain access. The Impreza platform hasn't changed all that much in 15 years other than there's probably more stuff in the way.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Schonuff said:
billybob said:
For me I'm curious about changing out the spark plugs on the Crosstrek.
If its anything remotely close to changing the plugs on a WRX... good luck. One side will be simple, the other side you'll have to unbolt the motor mount and jack up the block a few inches to gain access. The Impreza platform hasn't changed all that much in 15 years other than there's probably more stuff in the way.
That's why I would like to hear form someone that has done the work on the Crosstrek. What does it actually involves doing it on a Crossteck, not an Impreza or any other Subaru. :p

·
Registered
318 Posts
There's sure to be write-ups on NASIOC. The WRX and XV are Imprezas so not sure what you mean there. A lot of WRX guys see value in "upgrading" their spark plugs and posting about it... but alas the REX, she is a fickle beast. Not to be tampered with by the faint of heart or dense of mind.

One thing is certain, you can guarantee that a spark plug change on any modern vehicle is not easy. And in my experience even the most thorough online write-up doesn't help much.

jake: NASIOC is also your best bet for info on removing the console as the Impreza is likely identical.

But like I've said before, I've gone after online write-ups only to have the process devolve into rippin' and tearin' despite my best efforts. I say, just go for it and be the ones to post the how-to. :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Schonuff said:
There's sure to be write-ups on NASIOC. The WRX and XV are Imprezas so not sure what you mean there. A lot of WRX guys see value in "upgrading" their spark plugs and posting about it... but alas the REX, she is a fickle beast. Not to be tampered with by the faint of heart or dense of mind.

One thing is certain, you can guarantee that a spark plug change on any modern vehicle is not easy. And in my experience even the most thorough online write-up doesn't help much.

jake: NASIOC is also your best bet for info on removing the console as the Impreza is likely identical.

But like I've said before, I've gone after online write-ups only to have the process devolve into rippin' and tearin' despite my best efforts. I say, just go for it and be the ones to post the how-to. :D
Knowledge is a very valuable tool! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts