Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used ceramic pads? Other than low dust is there any advantages? Disadvantages? Cold weather performance?
The seem to cost double the organic pads; about $200 (Hawk) for front and rear. Are they really worth the money?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've installed ceramic pads on my last two cars. That's the only type of pads I'll buy low dust, quiet, and last longer. You can get get a good quality pair for the front or rear for under $30. Don't let the fancy name and high price scare you, they're basically last the same. Make sure you resurface the rotors. http://www.carid.com/2013-subaru-xv-crosstrek-brake-parts/wagner-quickstop-brake-pads-36579084.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw0LmoBRDHuo7UkaKXhn8SJADmDTG0WnqaVFco2BogEWnSfeEfdvEVzrGOna_7hJ3hu44gFBoCN1_w_wcB

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Low dust, low noise, and long service life are typical characteristics of a ceramic brake pad.

I'd recommend OEM brake pads or Akebono ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic brake pads if quiet, easygoing commuting is what you desire. There are some positive reviews out there of the Akebono brake pads for a daily-driver application.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Low dust, low noise, and long service life are typical characteristics of a ceramic brake pad.

I'd recommend OEM brake pads or Akebono ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic brake pads if quiet, easygoing commuting is what you desire. There are some positive reviews out there of the Akebono brake pads for a daily-driver application.
+1 on Akebono pads. Used these on my WRX and they were quiet and dust free. Amazon is a great place to find parts these days.

I haven't had to replace the pads on my XV or Tribeca but they'll both be getting Akebonos when due.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts