Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing the Kicker door panels soon and want to dampen sounds and vibration while I have the panels off. I'm not really interested in dropping $200-$400 for Dynamat so I did some research. Turns out this is recommended as a cheap alternative:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_154017-81326-PS625_0__

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've tried that when I was looking for a cheaper alternative as well. I wouldn't recommend it. It smells, its messy, and I don't really think it did very much.
I would recommend the products that Raamaudio sells. (I can't post the link since I am new but you can google them.)
Very good customer service and excellent products. I used the Raammat and Ensolite combo on my 2007 Forester XT and it worked very well. I plan on using them for my Crosstrek as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pat1usmc said:
I've tried that when I was looking for a cheaper alternative as well. I wouldn't recommend it. It smells, its messy, and I don't really think it did very much.
I would recommend the products that Raamaudio sells. (I can't post the link since I am new but you can google them.)
Very good customer service and excellent products. I used the Raammat and Ensolite combo on my 2007 Forester XT and it worked very well. I plan on using them for my Crosstrek as well.
Good to know. I saw some of the debates back and forth about the smell. I guess if some people do smell it that's probably enough to scare me away. Bummer.

·
Registered
567 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts