Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are Heading out to Ontario, Canada to check out the new XV. We have pre-ordered on already but will be in London for other reasons. Talked to the salesman and they seem very nice and will show us the car. They have 5 of them. Will report back with the results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's awesome! No dealers have them where I am yet but I am getting excited. A nearby dealer said within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
donb said:
My wife and I are Heading out to Ontario, Canada to check out the new XV. We have pre-ordered on already but will be in London for other reasons. Talked to the salesman and they seem very nice and will show us the car. They have 5 of them. Will report back with the results.
That's great, I can't wait to hear about it. Maybe snap some pics to post?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from London, Ontario. We saw 4 Crosstreks at Subaru of London. The XV is better in person than the pics on the internet! All you read on the car reviews say it is a jacked up Impreza which it is but.... put them next to each other it is a totally different car. It does not have a wagon appearance it has a true crossover look. Nice rugged look with clean lines. Saw the Tangerine color along with the Khaki and the colors are a bit flat. White pearl was nice and the Black looked hot with the wheels. Dark gray was nice as well. I am feeling a lot better now that I have seen it in person since I pre ordered one! Took a few pics will follow up tomorrow. Salesman there said they are selling like hotcakes! He was real excited about the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
35 Posts
donb said:
Just got back from London, Ontario. We saw 4 Crosstreks at Subaru of London. The XV is better in person than the pics on the internet! All you read on the car reviews say it is a jacked up Impreza which it is but.... put them next to each other it is a totally different car. It does not have a wagon appearance it has a true crossover look. Nice rugged look with clean lines. Saw the Tangerine color along with the Khaki and the colors are a bit flat. White pearl was nice and the Black looked hot with the wheels. Dark gray was nice as well. I am feeling a lot better now that I have seen it in person since I pre ordered one! Took a few pics will follow up tomorrow. Salesman there said they are selling like hotcakes! He was real excited about the Crosstrek.
That's great, man! I talked to my local dealer today and sadly they said they won't be getting any until late-October, early-November, but I can drive a couple of hours to a bigger market and hopefully find some. I am going to call them soon. I really really really like what I have seen of the black ones. Did you test drive any?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did not test drive one. The four we saw were spoken for. The salesman has driven them and said they were very much like the Impreza but just a little stiffer and better breaking. We saw a black one with black cloth interior. It really did look sharp. What part of the country are you in. I have been researching this car for the past 4 months. I know of some dealers with under invoice prices for a pre-order. If you tell me where you are located i may have run across a dealer near to that you may pre-order with. It may take some time but you get the exact car that you want. Like I said we p re-ordered from my local dealer the first day it was available, August 15th. He said that we should probably get our car no later than November. Raising the car really did give it a totally different look. More of a cross-over look and not so much like a wagon. I really feel that we made the right decision with the pre- order. I dealt with Justin Weiss, the internet guy at Adventure in Northwest Arkansas. Never bought a Subaru before and we are really happy with dealing with this dealer. Nice, informative and honest. These three things seem to be rare in the car business. I have a feeling that this Subaru will not be my last.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts