Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new soon-to-be Crosstrek owner in Chicago checking in!

I have decades of midwestern VW driving and ownership experience and am new to Subaru. I have a 2016 Crosstrek on order, expected late November 2015 and am looking forward to discovering what this vehicle and brand have to offer. I've driven my GTIs on some pretty rough winter roads and deep woods trails over the years, so I expect it will be entertaining to see how a vehicle actually designed for those conditions performs. I am not excited about the limited torque in the Crosstrek, but am excited about nearly every other aspect of the machine.

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I happened to read that post earlier today and am looking forward to executing my first pre-flight check.

Aside from making sure the sill plugs are in, alignment is good, and basic detailing, any tips for inspecting the vehicle upon delivery?

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
Thanks, I happened to read that post earlier today and am looking forward to executing my first pre-flight check.

Aside from making sure the sill plugs are in, alignment is good, and basic detailing, any tips for inspecting the vehicle upon delivery?
Tire pressures are very often overinflated from the dealer. If you haven't already, adjust them to the tire pressure specs on your placard. Unfortunately, it seems many of those who perform the PDI's on Subaru's vehicles don't even bother setting the tire pressures to spec like they should be doing!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good tip. It shouldn't be an issue in my case as I'm going to be putting on a set of winter tires as soon as I pick it up, but thank you nonetheless for the head's up!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The snow was great this weekend, all 16"+, up here in the great North! I think the XV had something to do with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts