Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
401 - 412 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nothing major, just some HVAC vent covers and steering wheel trim

Where'd you get the badge?! You're wrapping and covers have me really wanting to wrap the shifter base in my 2018 Dark Grey Metallic. The Premium has a very plastic silver cover. I want to hit the inside trim of the vent, the shifter plate, the trim around the cluster in the dash, and slap that badge on. Haven't decided on the front and rear badge, I think with the grey metallic black and red might not be as good as carbon fiber and black.

I've got some 3d carbon fiber vinyl on its way to match the accent bar on the lower dash and the door panel. I think if I go gloss I would start changing the existing stuff. Also going to plastidip my badges and gloss over with a 2k gloss.

I haven't decided if I'll wrap or dip and gloss the front silver accent. Also haven't decided if I'll tint or wrap the top of the headlight. After reading Wolverine's forum for integrity of these machines I went through yours and got inspired to make some changes.

When my 120,000mi warranty is up I'll slap some new struts for the extra 2" plus travel. With a basket on top with a filled bag and 3 in the car I've felt my stut bottom out on rr tracks in NJ (dodging hwy traffic on my way to the great northern kingdom). I think if I ever pack it down and go overlanding I'll want some extra travel.

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Where'd you get the badge?! You're wrapping and covers have me really wanting to wrap the shifter base in my 2018 Dark Grey Metallic. The Premium has a very plastic silver cover. I want to hit the inside trim of the vent, the shifter plate, the trim around the cluster in the dash, and slap that badge on. Haven't decided on the front and rear badge, I think with the grey metallic black and red might not be as good as carbon fiber and black.

I've got some 3d carbon fiber vinyl on its way to match the accent bar on the lower dash and the door panel. I think if I go gloss I would start changing the existing stuff. Also going to plastidip my badges and gloss over with a 2k gloss.

I haven't decided if I'll wrap or dip and gloss the front silver accent. Also haven't decided if I'll tint or wrap the top of the headlight. After reading Wolverine's forum for integrity of these machines I went through yours and got inspired to make some changes.

When my 120,000mi warranty is up I'll slap some new struts for the extra 2" plus travel. With a basket on top with a filled bag and 3 in the car I've felt my stut bottom out on rr tracks in NJ (dodging hwy traffic on my way to the great northern kingdom). I think if I ever pack it down and go overlanding I'll want some extra travel.
The steering wheel sticker was from the same person who made the front/rear exterior emblem overlays.

She has since become VERY popular and is only "open" for orders sporadically, you need to follow her on IG. Maybe an email might work too. But her page is here: Login • Instagram

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nothing major done.
Had been thinking about doing this a while ago, then I was reminded about it when another forum member asked a question about these pieces.*

Small wrap jobs continue.

Thank you very much! :)
How do I pop these things off without breaking them. I can feel them wiggle but didn't want to apply pressure. It is as simple as applying pressure inwards towards the center of the rear windshield?
I'm deciding if I'll plastidip them black and 2k gloss to match my letters and front accent pieces or if I'll carbon fiber wrap them.

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
How do I pop these things off without breaking them. I can feel them wiggle but didn't want to apply pressure. It is as simple as applying pressure inwards towards the center of the rear windshield?
I'm deciding if I'll plastidip them black and 2k gloss to match my letters and front accent pieces or if I'll carbon fiber wrap them.
If I remember correctly, they just had plastic pop clips holding them down. 3 or 4 on each one...Im pretty sure I dont remember there being any bolts/nuts going to the inside of the car.

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
Got out for some camping last weekend.
The trail heading out was ROUGH... Local gov website said high clearance vehicles necessary.. "ok sure" as they are usually not as bad as they say. The last 12 miles were "gravel roads" and the final 6-7 miles were loose rock, huge pot holes, ruts, everything you could imagine. It took us about 90 mins to travel those final 6-7 miles. I probably could have gone a bit faster had I aired my tires down, but my brother and buddy were in their cars, stock 07 Outback and stock 21 Trek. We made it without any issues other than maybe some new pin stripes. Long sections of trail were only wide enough for 1 car or ATV to pass at a time.. luckily we never had to backup to let someone pass.

weather ended up being almost 10 degrees cooler than we expected. Woke up around 0730 and it wasnt much "warmer" than what the overnight low had been

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
and a slight update on the car..

Sept is 5 years since I bought the Trek.
First 2.5 years (Sept 2017 - March 2020) I put on 41,8XX miles. Driving a minimum of 66 miles round trip to/from work a day. ~16,7XX miles a year
2nd 2.5 years (March 2020- Sept 2022) I put on 12,0XX miles. WFH and averaging going into the office once a month. ~ 4,800 miles a year
Trek is sitting at 53,8XX right now

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
401 - 412 of 412 Posts