Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
1) looking good man!
2) check that laminex often. They tend to stain the lense.
3) the beef on those tires is like the beef of a thousand slaughter houses.
4) I love how subie didn’t have the chrome fog light “L”’s on the 2018, did have them on the 2016 & 2017, and didn’t have them on the 2013-15. Lol. They don’t know how to make up their mind!

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Oh dang, I didn’t realize you had a 2018. You probably didn’t have any fitment issues on the tires. 2018’s have a larger wheel well, I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha yup!

Yes, they are larger! Thats why I went with the 235/75/15 instead of the 215's.

The fronts have a TINY TINY spot on the plastic liners where it touches at almost full lock in reverse lol. I dont even think its enough to where it'll wear a hold in the plastic honestly.

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
1) looking good man!
2) check that laminex often. They tend to stain the lense.
3) the beef on those tires is like the beef of a thousand slaughter houses.
4) I love how subie didn’t have the chrome fog light “L”’s on the 2018, did have them on the 2016 & 2017, and didn’t have them on the 2013-15. Lol. They don’t know how to make up their mind!
Thanks!
Eh wont really bother me if it stains the lens or not. Ill be keeping them yellow, even if I have to replace the laminx later on down the road.

YES, so glad it came in all black again! Cant say how many 16/17 owners ive seen who plasti-dip or paint the fog light trim.
how much power did you lose with the larger tires
Not a clue. It may feel a tiny bit more sluggish off from a dead stop, but it could also just me me.

I will say that adding the wheels/tires and roof rack all at once, has dropped my average MPG by about 3.

I dont plan on keeping the basket on since it is my daily, rather ill throw it on when I need it. I put it on this last weekend to adjust my crossbars, and this weekend is BAM (Bay Area Meet - 400+ Subarus from all over California) so ill leave it on for that. It will probably be coming off Sunday evening of Monday after work.

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Then when I got home yesterday, I had the next "mod" waiting for me. I order the "carbon fiber" Cupeez for the door handle area. No doubt this area gets beat up. I decided to give em a try. I got the CF because 1)the black matched the black/white theme of the car, and 2) it matches the interior CF trim.

Install was SUPER easy. Just cleaned the area and made sure it was all dry. Took a hairdryer on high-heat setting for 20-30 seconds to just make them a bit more malleable, then stuck em in!

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So today I debadged the trunk. Everything was chrome and no bueno. Removed everything on the left side of the trunk, and replaced the "Crosstrek" on the right side. Ive seen a lot of ppl plasti-dip them black, but when an OEM part exists... why not use it!!? The red 2017 limited edition came standard with black badging. So I found the part number and got it ordered up.

SO MUCH better in my opinion!

And if anyone would like one, this is the part number ;)

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Over the weekend my buddy gave me a new car present lol. I bought my STi from him, and got an OG white Lathe Werks shift knob from him for that car.

Well turns out he had the exact same one, but in black! So he gave it to me. I pulled the white one from the STi and tested it in the XT. I think the black works better and stuck with that. But it is nice to know I can swap between them whenever!

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I want those 93079FJ230 black Subaru Crosstrek Special Edition emblems. No worries about PlastiDip wearing off with that option available!

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The car came with the Subaru all-weather mats, and I was pretty disappointed in them. I had Subaru mats in my wrx and they were fantastic, these not so much.

So I ordered up the Weathertech liners for front/rear. They are the exact same as the 2017 Impreza. They came in yesterday and I swapped em out, so much better!

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Those mats are looking too clean. When you have a chance to get them and your tires dirty, hit me up!

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Got the main piece of the next project in the mail on Saturday :)

Ive gotten tired of running individual switches into the car every time I add an another accessory. It adds up to being a lot of wire being ran and individual switches all over the cabin, especially after running out of the blank slots on the drivers side dash.

I got this S-Tech system from Tech Team Offroad located in Colorado. Ill be making a bracket to mount the 6 switches below the HVAC controls. I might make another bracket for under the hood to mount the power block as well (unless I can get lucky and it will mount to two existing bolts, but I doubt it lol).

So here is the system, i just wired up 3 of the 6 toggle switches to get a feel of it.

Here are the switches I got. Dual LED so they will be partially illuminated while off and fully when switched on. All of them are red colored to match the Speedo/Tach. I got 4 of them labeled for the future plans, and 2 blanks as im not sure what i would want to fill them with yet ;)

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Been working on the switch panel for an hour here and there after work. Made a template out of cardboard and then cut it out of some 23 gauge plate steel. Slowly filed it down till it was a nice tight fit that Im happy with. Yesterday I stenciled the individual switches onto the panel.

Might be able to do a little more tonight, but after that, I probably wont get to mess with it till Sunday. Also working on a template for a under-hood bracket to hold the power distribution box.

Here's where Im at currently.

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Got some updates coming from the weekend.

Dropped the car off Saturday morning to get the front windows and windshield tinted. Did 35% on the front two and 45% on the windshield. Was going to have a 5% sun strip across the top, but he wanted the windshield to completely dry first, so ill get that taken care of in the next week or so.

41 - 60 of 378 Posts