Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've had my 2019 Limited for a couple of weeks now, and I'm loving it! However, I don't like the chrome on the upper front grille, and the chrome trim below the side windows. Everywhere I've searched for the black upper grille covers, are sold out. I have no idea if anyone sells blacked out lower side window trim. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea! How has it held up?
I am also wondering how hard it is to replace the side chrome window trim with the black trim?

·
Super Moderator
802 Posts
That's a good idea! How has it held up?
I am also wondering how hard it is to replace the side chrome window trim with the black trim?
Zero issues. This month will be 2 years since I did it. If you go that route, just get quality vinyl.

As far as the trim, not sure how hard. I have a premium model and the trim is already black. So at least an OEM part will be avail if you swap it all out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
23 Posts

Sorry, I had shoulder surgery, and haven't been online a bunch. This is during the aforementioned road trip, hence the bugs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Premium Auto Styling sells a "kit" for chrome delete. It's a roll of 3M gloss black film, 25' x 2". Great quality product. I used some on my Impreza and the rest on my wife's 2012 Tahoe LTZ.

Chrome Delete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, I've had my 2019 Limited for a couple of weeks now, and I'm loving it! However, I don't like the chrome on the upper front grille, and the chrome trim below the side windows. Everywhere I've searched for the black upper grille covers, are sold out. I have no idea if anyone sells blacked out lower side window trim. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Plastidip works for the window trim.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It does but it’s a lot more work. Even though dip peels off anywhere you don’t want it you should still mask off the areas you’re not intending to spray because the tint overspray is a bear to remove plus you run the risk of runs if you spray too close and if you don’t put on enough layers you could scratch it off. I used to run a business doing plastidip in my early 20s and now that I’m more experienced with wrap I say wrap over it all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts