Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ... New member here. Could you please look at these 2 photos. Is the little gap normal? It's in the back of the car on the passengers side, below the gas tank. There seems to be a tiny gap between cladding and the body of the car. This is my first brand new car, and I just want to make sure it's ok ... Lol. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Another pic ... It's not the gap between the 2 pieces of cladding. I know that's normal. There's a tiny gap where the cladding meets the side of the car.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Hmmm, I'll have to look through AllData to find out.

I'll report back as soon as I find out if the specs are even in AllData.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's hard to take a close up pic. It's a very tiny gap. I think I'm just being too picky lol. Here is another pic, hope not too blurry.

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
I assume one of the pieces (black molding) is actually one molded part. Painted two colors, the other piece you have is held in place by a clip or push pin. Does it move any if you push on it? I'm guessing maybe a plastic ridge that wasn't file down after it was pulled out of the mold. So now it doesn't lay flush with the cars body. Take it to the dealership and show someone in the body shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at it again this morning, and it's honestly not bad at all. You can hardly see it. The part that sticks out (the tiny gap) is about 3 - 4 mm from the car body. The other side has a similar gap, a little smaller, like 1 - 2 mm. I'll just keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse, I'll point it out to the dealer. I may just show them during my 1st oil change appt. Not all things are created equal, and nothing is perfect.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I scoured AllData for any specs regarding the gap between the wheel arch trim garnish and the rear bumper, no specs found.

All I found were instructions that simply indicated to reinstall in reverse order.

If I had access to the FSM, I would gladly do it but Subaru's STIS is quite expensive to access.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much AWDfreak! No big deal ... The tiny gap is a really small "imperfection." With a new car, everything seems to stick out more, as I'm paying more attention to things. I really love the Crosstrek so far, couldn't ask for a better car. It performs extremely well in snowy Syracuse! Thanks again for your help. I appreciate all the comments on this forum. I learned a lot already just reading thru threads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts