Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a clear bra installed on any of their cars? If so, how what's your feeling on it and how much did it cost?

I've been thinking about getting a clear bra installed and one company in San Jose (Mr. Tint) quoted be $650 for the bumper, hood and both fenders. But before I pull the trigger I wanted to know other peoples thoughts on this.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Keep in mind that the bumper is plastic... Personally I'm not worried about a few chips there, they wont rust. I'm having just the leading edge of the hood done. As for the fenders, I'm not bothering with those either. They sit so far back that I'm not too worried about them taking a hit from the front. I guess they might take a hit from the side but so can the whole side so I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subir_roo said:
Keep in mind that the bumper is plastic... Personally I'm not worried about a few chips there, they wont rust. I'm having just the leading edge of the hood done. As for the fenders, I'm not bothering with those either. They sit so far back that I'm not too worried about them taking a hit from the front. I guess they might take a hit from the side but so can the whole side so I'm not worried about it.
That's a great point. The bumpers won't rust but I know the hood does. I had a pretty big chip on my OBS hood that eventually started to rust. Maybe I'll just go with the hood getting covered.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's my plan. I don't car about the chips on the bumper visually so it's not a big deal. But the rust does worry me so doing the front of the hood makes sense.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had 3m product installed on 2011 CTSV and loved the piece of mind it provided when I was on the highway or in close traffic. It definitely helped when I sold it on as far as resale. I highly recommend it if you have the coin laying around.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Get that clear bra on before you catch something! Don't be a fool, wrap your tool ;)

·
Registered
714 Posts
The set up was far to good to pass up! Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the clear Bra for my crosstrek and I love it! You can't notice it at all and it definitely puts me at ease of rock chips and what not. It's a lifetime warranty for the one I got at Subaru too, so if anything goes wrong, I can take it right back to get it redone.

·
Registered
820 Posts
liljetjennie said:
I got the clear Bra for my crosstrek and I love it! You can't notice it at all and it definitely puts me at ease of rock chips and what not. It's a lifetime warranty for the one I got at Subaru too, so if anything goes wrong, I can take it right back to get it redone.
Dealer installed? Cool. If you don't mind, how much was it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts