Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Trekkers,

So, just got my baby back. Had the Clear Bra put on. Front end including bumper, bikini cut over the hood, review mirrors and they threw in doing the door handle cups for me too.
Got it home and am very pleased with the work.

First photo shows the Clear Bra installed. Smooth as glass on there.

When I got home... My new front decorate license plate came in. Chrome with laser cut raised emblem. So, I put that on today too :)
(see other photos). Couple of cool shots in there.

Scouring the web for what goodies I want next.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I had mine professionally installed, I would also have it professionally removed/replaced. It's warrantied for 5 years. So by that time, I may either have it re-applied or get a new car with it on as well.

From what I understand though, if a person wants it removed, you just peel it off. I have seen a liquid solution they recommend using to take it off with. And, any residue left can be removed with a non-caustic type of adhesive remover (even regular rubbing alcohol) or something like Goo Gone.

After seeing photos of the lady who ripped in to the side of her bumper, and they pulled off the Clear Bar and found not a single mark on the bumper itself.... I was sold. I think requesting the bikini cut helped my buy-in as well, since that straight line across the hood was a turn-off for me. When they offered to throw in doing the door handle cups for free, I went for it (besides... sandblasting and pits on the front of my car drives me nuts and makes me cry). So, I figure this will help give me some peace of mind for a while.

This is the first Clear Bra I have had. So, I'm interested to see how well it does.

On to find some good door sill plates now. Hmm.. more chrome oughta do the trick.
==================

I'm a hip ol' Granny
Who said 'what the heck'.
Old can be cool,
So I bought the Trek.

;D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can check with your dealer. Probably a bit pricier.. but he'll have the connections for the primo-installers. And.. installation is the biggest factor on this stuff.

A quick search on google for Clear Bra will bring up a lot of places that will help you find an installer in your area too.

Now that I've gone through it, I know some good questions to ask the dealers/installers. Some of these might help you too:
1.) What brand PPF (paint protection film) do they use? (3M, Venture (owned by 3M), ClearPlate, etc). Each have their own pros and cons.
2.) What is the mil thickness they install?
3.) Exactly what parts will they cover for what price?
4.) What is the warranty length. Does it cover peeling, cracking, dulling, yellowing?
5.) What cleaners/wax can be used (or not used) on it (certain cleaners/waxes can ruin your clear bra).
6.) Do they use die-cut pieces or custom cut (die-cut will not wrap over the edges. Custom cut can, but only a premium installer can do this to ensure no razor cuts in your car)!
7.) If a straight line across your hood from the film, bothers you (like it did me), ask if they can do a "bikini cut". This has a more "rounded" affect which lessens the harsh cut line over the hood.

If you're shelling out the money for doing a clear bra, ask them to throw in doing your door handle cups too. Worth saving from the scratches.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts