Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heaving searched, I realize the most likely culprit is the front CV axels. The worst is the turn into my work parking lot which is a hard right hand turn climbing a steep grade. ClickClackity, ClickClackity as the wheels rotate up the hill. It seems worse under torque/throttle.

Any thoughts on aftermarket CV axels parts by an independent vs. OEM CV axels via the dealer? The independent guy quoted me $300/side. Should I do both, or just the noisy one?

Mine is a 2013 if that helps. About 55,000 miles. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They don't need to be replaced as a set. As for one vs. after market it's really just a matter of how much you're willing to spend. There are plenty of good after market tv's out there, I believe most are remanufactured, I'd try to Google reviews of different brands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Seems unusual to have to replace an axle at 55,000 miles, but it's been rather trouble free (just brakes, tires and battery) for 7 years now, so I can't really complain.

They don't need to be replaced as a set. As for one vs. after market it's really just a matter of how much you're willing to spend. There are plenty of good after market tv's out there, I believe most are remanufactured, I'd try to Google reviews of different brands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I'm nearly ready to do the job. I ordered JackPoint jackstands for this and another job on a different car. Do you know of a good source for OEM axles and other parts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts