Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know a few of us were under the assumption that the mpg gauge on the gauge cluster was simply a vacuum line. Well I have noticed a few times, mostly after filling up, that it is fully negative for a mile or two. Well when I fill up I reset my trip computer. Today I finally put two and two together and watched the digital gauge and the one in the cluster. The cluster gauge came back to life as soon as the avg mpg digital gauge gave its first reading.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ClubCrosstrek said:
Excuse my ignorance to the subject, is this a good or bad thing?
Just something I had noticed and remembered that a few of us were under the assumption that it was a vacuum line. I just wanted to clear that up for everyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tech707 said:
So I know a few of us were under the assumption that the mpg gauge on the gauge cluster was simply a vacuum line. Well I have noticed a few times, mostly after filling up, that it is fully negative for a mile or two. Well when I fill up I reset my trip computer. Today I finally put two and two together and watched the digital gauge and the one in the cluster. The cluster gauge came back to life as soon as the avg mpg digital gauge gave its first reading.
I'm thoroughly confused by everything you said lol - what is a vacuum line?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts