Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first post to the community here, happy to have found this site as I'm a new car-owner and don't know too much about what happens under the hood. A friend of mine recently recommended that I get a cool air intake installed on my 2015 XV Crosstrek Hybrid. The thing is, I'm having trouble locating one online that says it fits on the engine. Does anyone know of any cool air intakes that they've used in their crosstrek that works? Does it matter that I have a hybrid version? I've been looking at several other threads here and have been confused about the efficiency of installing one as well, so is it possible there isn't any use of having one installed? Thanks for taking the time to read this. I appreciate any feedback.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
The XV Crosstrek Hybrid has a unique intake system and I do not know of any that are designed for it. There are not even any high-flow engine air filters available for it.

Are there any specific reasons you personally want the cold air intake? Contrary to popular belief, most if not all new vehicle intake systems already function as cold air intake systems as they keep engine bay heat out of the intake air. Also, most aftermarket intakes are really just hot air intakes as many designs fail to properly segregate hot engine bay air from the air outside the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand, I was mainly interested in getting more miles on the gallon with an engine upgrade that was on the cheaper side, but it looks like I'll have to figure that out another way or live with what I'm already getting. Thanks for the response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts