Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That little blue icon always seems to stay on for quite a while whenever I start the car up in the morning. Car is garaged, and I live in Los Angeles. Right now it's been around 60F. I feel like the icon stays around abnormally long. Sometimes I need to just drive the car without waiting for it to turn off, or else I'd be late for work.

Sometimes it stays on for about 3-5 minutes.. is it ok to just put the car in drive without waiting for it to turn off?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think the manual covers it in more detail but you can drive it gently with the cold engine light on. You don't have to do anything specific. Just don't run it up to 6,000 RPM and do donuts in the parking lot until it goes off.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's the digital version of the analog engine temperature gauges you usually see on cars. Most people never give that gauge a second thought unless it started running to the hot side.

It's fine to drive with the cold light on, but as CTF fan said, don't be too crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.