Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we're off to a rough start. Barely into summer and 5 fires burning already! It's a really early start to the fire season.

Best wishes to those near any of these fires and hopefully they can get them under control quickly. If anyone needs a place to store stuff, a car, etc I'm willing to offer. We don't have a spare bed otherwise I'd offer that up as well. If anyone is seriously in need of a place to stay I can offer floor space for camping gear.

·
Registered
820 Posts
That a way Subir_roo! Extremely Nice gesture. I texted my sister this am in Aurora to see if her place was ok and it is. I just hate the thought of working so hard for everything and to watch it burn....
I know people say you can replace material things and, of course, that is the pure truth. Still, all the blood, sweat and tears that go into making a house a home. My heart goes out to all those affected. Felt the same way about those in Oklahoma too. I guess its never too far from my mind living near the coast. Take care Amigo!

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've had a rough few years. I know a lot of folks are being evacuated currently and I'm sure there will be more to come. Hopefully they can get things a bit under control with what they have. I know the resources are spread pretty thin with multiple fires. Keep hoping for rain and the winds to die down.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My old house was incinerated along with my aunt's place last year in the Waldo Canyon fire. Had about 2 dozen friends evacuated for the Black Forrest fire last week.

After watching the news, talking to friends, and reading some reports done on the Black Forrest fire I got the impression that many of the homes lost out there did not have proper fire protection. The owners didn't thin out the vegetation, cut low hanging branches, or do basic landscaping to protect their homes. It's sad that lessons are not learned. I think the last count was approaching 500 houses lost and two people died. Sad times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts