Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen about 4 other XVs cruising around the Boulder area. Is there anyone else on here in town?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Would be interested in how the CrossTrek handles the altitude out there.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far so good. Dragged her up over a few hefty passes and she's no race car (I drive a few of those occasionally at work!) but she'll hold her own!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Subir_roo said:
So far so good. Dragged her up over a few hefty passes and she's no race car (I drive a few of those occasionally at work!) but she'll hold her own!
Thats good to hear. I don't think I'd want a race care on some of those passes anyway!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With studded rally tires?! Yes please! Talk about unstoppable, unfortunately rally snow tires are no where close to street legal. In all reality it did Berthoud Pass just fine which is just over 11k feet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm looking forward to reports from some of the milder jeep trails. Hopefully people will start reporting in over the summer.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're planning on running quite a few of the mild trails once weather permits. My custom light bar and skid plates are in the works so I'll get those all mounted up and ready to go as well!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Subir_roo said:
We're planning on running quite a few of the mild trails once weather permits. My custom light bar and skid plates are in the works so I'll get those all mounted up and ready to go as well!
Awesome. I want to add those too. Can you post photos and info once you have them installed?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get the full build posted when it's done. I'm working a lot right now so it might be a little while but it'll get there. I'm having a local fabricator who is a good friend of mine build it. Planning on having the tubing from the light bar run all the way to the cross member so it will be very solid. The plate will mount to the lower tubing of the bar.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Subir_roo said:
I'll get the full build posted when it's done. I'm working a lot right now so it might be a little while but it'll get there. I'm having a local fabricator who is a good friend of mine build it. Planning on having the tubing from the light bar run all the way to the cross member so it will be very solid. The plate will mount to the lower tubing of the bar.
Sounds awesome, I look forward to seeing it. I am really interested in an aftermarket skid plate on my XV.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far it seems primitive is the only offering. They do make a good product though. We ran one on our rally car for quite a while.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That website is horrid, it always has been. The guy who I'm planning on having do mine is here:
http://www.carusomotorsports.com/

He's a good friend and a VERY good fabricator. I trust my life to a roll cage he built so I have solid faith in his work. Maybe if a few people on here ask him about the XV plate it'll get him and I more motivated to take some measurements!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Subir_roo said:
That website is horrid, it always has been. The guy who I'm planning on having do mine is here:
http://www.carusomotorsports.com/

He's a good friend and a VERY good fabricator. I trust my life to a roll cage he built so I have solid faith in his work. Maybe if a few people on here ask him about the XV plate it'll get him and I more motivated to take some measurements!
Yeah I would be interested in one probably around the summer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Subir_roo,
Good to see another person from CO on here. It looks like you are in the Boulder area also.

I just joined and I'm very close to purchasing the Crosstrek. I've talked to a couple of dealers - Flatirons, Valley & Shortline. Do you have any recommendations on dealerships? Any reason to go with one over another besides cost?

Right now it seems like Shortline will go under what I think is invoice. I'm just waiting to see what happens with the budget talks before I buy a new car.

LaVike

1 - 20 of 53 Posts