Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I live in CO. Parker. I love my Crosstrek. This is our third Subaru (the first two were Outbacks). Have not done much off-roading (some mild stuff when I go fishing at the Alpine lakes) and a little trail (to the head trail at Gibson Lake). This is a fun car to own. It is awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi from Denver! I think my Crosstrek is lucky because it's already been off-road, in the first 200 miles from the dealership. Can't wait until winter, but there's still plenty of summer driving left!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, new crosstrek owner in the springs. Only issue I have with the one we got is the color. (my wife liked the desert khaki) just had a question about light off roading, staying on the main trail, how does the crosstrek do on steeper hills? And how is the ride quality off road ?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It's done pretty good for everyone here so far. I'm up in Boulder but if you're ever this way I'd love a chance to run a few of the close trails with you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds good. I might take it up Cheyenne mountain today, then maybe pikes peak sometime soon. Going up to boulder might be some fun, try some new trails, the only trail I take in the springs is over Cheyenne mountain over to cripple creek, but I used to take the fun route in the lifted jeep that we traded in for the xv

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I took the xv up old stage rd through the mountain all the way out to cripple creek. All I can say is that I'm surprised by how easily is was able to hadle most of the terrain. And the desert khaki hides the dirt pretty well. 3 days and 200 miles, haven't been disappointed. I'll post some pics of the journey soon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Newbie here in Strasburg, CO. We go camping a lot but not in the last 7 days we've had the XV. In 9 days we leave for a 2 week road trip to Seattle and down the west coast - I'm excited to rack up the miles!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Awesome! Don't forget to take care of the break in miles well! Lots of variable RPM driving and as much engine braking as you can muster (and keep engine braking for life!).

I'm hoping for a Colorado CCT meet sometime in the spring maybe, get up to a few nice mountain passes or meet up for a good dirt road drive!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Will do - it's a 20 hour drive just to get to Seattle and we have 2 small kids, so there will be plenty of engine braking I am sure...

I'd love to do some mountain passes!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I was thinking about a front range drive up and over a couple of the dirt passes maybe even some camping involved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm interested. I too live in Boulder. Any good local trails? I've gone to Gross Reservoir & had some fun up there when it rains or snows.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts