Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some XVs here in Oz run different coloured wheel nuts. Mine being DGM, I went for black. Nice touch. Practical as it looks cleaner. (The chrome nuts get grubby.)

Downsides? Alas, you have to be careful getting them on without wrecking the black paint. I wrapped mine in cloth when putting them on. And you can always us touch up paint afterwards. You also have to carry a different wheel brace or do what I do, and carry a socket wrench with the right socket. This fits in place of the OEM wheel brace.

What to watch out for... I use steel nuts. Others use aluminium alloy etc. For safety reasons, I would stick with steel nuts because you can't always tell about the quality of the alloy nuts. If price is no object, check out Rays Engineering Wheel Nuts - despite not being steel lug nuts. But watch out for fakes! (No such thing as $50 Rays lug nuts.) Anyway, I sourced my steel lug nuts from a tyre place in Oz. (The Rays will have to wait but boy they look good.)

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Very nice look overthewall. The dark wheel nuts do look very clean on your XV. What kind of cloth do you use to get them on without scratches?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some old linen and a singlet. You do go through a bit of cloth before getting them all on. We suffer for our art :D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts