Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Crosstrek limited with the factory extended warranty to 7 years 100k miles. The car has 95k miles on it and I am curious on what I should be looking at/ listening for before the warranty expires. I have recently had a bunch of warranty items replaced:

-New Transmission (was told there was an axel bearing leak during a wheel alignment and when I brought it to dealer they said it needed to be replaced)
-New AC condensor (was not cold on really hot days)
-New axel (clicking during turns)
-New "Steering Gear" (I complained about steering feeling funny)
-New steering wheel (was peeling)
-At least one wheel bearing (noise)

I feel like the car whines a little on acceleration so I might ask them to look at the tranny again. I also feel like the car is a little weird on highway steering (back and forth corrections), but I am not sure if thats just me being used to driving the loaner ascent that had lane assist.

It seems like the dealer replaces something every time I guide them on what to look for but never find anything on their own, so it would be great to give them some complaints when I bring it in.

Thanks,
Erick

·
Registered
29 Posts
That seems like a lot of repairs. Our '14 has the same miles and I have replaced the AC condenser and both rear wheel bearings but that is about it. The wheel bearings seem to be an issue so maybe Subaru needs to find a new supplier.

Good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
I trust my local garage more then Subaru dealer.
Example- 2004 Forester. Just a few months past warranty. Told oil punp leaking. Cost $400 to replace.
No sign of oil under car & no oil added between 6000 mile oil changes.

Same oil pump on car at 176,000 miles, from when it was new.

Saved $400

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 13 I have replaced truck open button, throw out bearing (aka whole clutch for the beating), all wheel bearings, wheel speed sensors. Other than that everything has been preventive maintenance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts