Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I was wondering, is there any way to skip songs through the HU on Spotify, using either an iPod or Android phone? I have the Limited, with the NAV. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I noticed when Bluetooth streaming Pandora on my iPhone I was able to jump to the next track on my station by hitting the up and down button on the steering wheel. Haven't tried it for Spotify. Not sure it works with an Android phone.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
MMXIII_XV said:
I've been using Spotify from my iPhone, controls work from the stereo with it. It won't work off USB though, only BTA.
Yeah, my controls work fine via BTA through the steering wheel.

Ikon said:
What's Spotify?
It's a music streaming app, similar to Pandora but a lot better IMO because it's more customizable. It's free on your computer (with ads) but the phone app is $10/month (ad-free). Worth it to me because you can almost literally find ANY song/album/artist on it, as well as create radio stations that will introduce you to a ton of new artists/songs.

https://www.spotify.com/us/

·
Registered
53 Posts
ClubCrosstrek, do you know what the bitrate is on spotify? It's horrible on pandora (mobile), even with the paid.

• [li]Free Pandora is 64k AAC+ on the web.[/li]
    [li]Pandora One subscribers get the option of 192k MP3 on the Web and when using the AIR Desktop App.[/li]
    [li]Most Home-listening devices get 128k MP3 - whether the account is free or paid.[/li]
    [li]Cell phones get anywhere from 24k to 64k in mono or stereo, depending on the phone, carrier, connection type, and in some cases the user setting.[/li]
You can hear a lot of crackling etc with pandora mobile in the car.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chris said:
ClubCrosstrek, do you know what the bitrate is on spotify? It's horrible on pandora (mobile), even with the paid.

• [li]Free Pandora is 64k AAC+ on the web.[/li]
    [li]Pandora One subscribers get the option of 192k MP3 on the Web and when using the AIR Desktop App.[/li]
    [li]Most Home-listening devices get 128k MP3 - whether the account is free or paid.[/li]
    [li]Cell phones get anywhere from 24k to 64k in mono or stereo, depending on the phone, carrier, connection type, and in some cases the user setting.[/li]
You can hear a lot of crackling etc with pandora mobile in the car.
I have never looked into it, but streaming sounds good to me (I am not an audiophile but I do appreciate good quality music). However, briefly checking on their website I found this:

What bitrate does Spotify use for streaming?
We use the Ogg Vorbis format for streaming. There are three quality ratings that we use:

q3 (~96 kbps)
Spotify mobile "Low bandwidth" setting
q5 (~160 kbps)
Spotify Desktop standard streaming quality
Spotify Mobile "High quality" setting
q9 (~320 kbps)
Spotify Desktop "High bitrate" setting available with Spotify Premium
Spotify Mobile "Extreme quality" setting (currently only iOS and Android)
In the mobile apps, you can choose separate quality ratings for streaming and synching.
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming

1 - 9 of 9 Posts