Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly my 14 XV Nav system says the SD Card is corrupt. THe map will display but all touch controls are inoperable.

I inserted the card in my laptop and it found and fixed some bad clusters but apparently data is missing.

What are my options? I plan to call the dealer on Monday but was wondering if there's anything I can do in the meantime (other than buy another head unit which is on my wish list).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warranty or not, they will fix this for me considering what the nav system cost. A corrupt memory card is unacceptable with todays technology.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it only took 3 weeks but I finally got my replacement SD card and the nav system is working again. The parts guy and the service guy were blaming each other for the delay. Bottom line: they admitted it slipped through the cracks.

When I got home I popped the card out and took it inside to do a backup and update with the Subaru Toolbox software before anything else happened. The interesting thing was that when I put the card in my laptop, Windows said it contained bad clusters and offered to fix them. I declined. There must be something proprietary with the card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts